The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Another AHLHM Contest

Summer is slowly winding down here in the Bay Area and one of my very favorite months, October, is on the horizon. I like October. A lot. Many of my favorite people are born in October. Three of those people are even born on the same day. Crazy, I know. And speaking of crazy ...

Today I crocheted my 100th square for the Pine Ridge Reservation. OK, so it took me 10 months to achieve that goal but it's done. Well not really done, because now I'm going to start on another 100. And it would be nice to have some company. If only for a month. So, in honor of my 100th square it's time to throw the doors open and announce yet another "APRIL HAS LOST HER MIND CONTEST".

"April, tell the people what they can win!!!"

Blog fans, you can win YARN! CHOCOLATE! Isn't that exciting? Of course it is!

"April, how much yarn, how much chocolate?!?"

Two people will each win a $50.00 gift certificate to Knit Picks AND a one pound box of chocolates from See's Candy!

"April, that's fabulous, how can they win that?!?"

Well, duh. By making squares for the Pine Ridge Reservation!

OK, enough talking to myself in my own blog. Here's the rulez. For every square you crochet or knit between now (Sept. 25th) and the end of October you will receive one raffle ticket to be entered into the APRIL HAS LOST HER MIND CONTEST. Now, before the knitters start jabbbing me with their US 8's and complaining that it's faster to crochet than to knit, just hold yer needles. One raffle ticket for a crocheted square, TWO raffle tickets for a knitted square. This will all be done on the honor system so please don't make me lose what little faith I have left in the human race and pad your square numbers. If you need more info feel free to check out our group on Ravelry by clicking on this little linky - Afghan Squares For Pine Ridge Reservation. Let the square dance begin!

9/27/09 - Edited To Add The Following:

6" crocheted squares = 1 raffle ticket
6" knitted squares = 2 raffle tickets
12" crocheted squares = 4 raffle tickets
12" knitted squares = 8 raffle tickets (wow, that's a lot).

Also, this contest is open to all residents of the planet Earth. No entries from Mars please, shipping chocolate to Mars would be astronomical. Ha! Get it? "Astronomical".

9 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Rowena Hopkirk said…

    YES! YES! YES!!!!

    (I know it *says* Rowena Hopkirk, but really this is kathfemme. Long story....)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Knitty Nina said…

    I'll definitely be making squares with you on this! But I have a question. Not only does it depend on whether you knit or crochet, but 12" squares take longer than 6" squares. So any rules regarding sizes?

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You are an awesomely generous blogger.

    (Not making squares, though. Got a volunteer project at Neatnik's school to organize and this semester thingy...)

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Deb Upcycles said…

    OK, I'm in, and I just joined the group too. I especially like the idea of not having to work in the ends, I HATE working in the ends!

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    See's Candy? OMG!!! I'd not heard of them until another blogger gifted me with some of that most blessed of confections. You are truly a generous and wonderful soul!!!

    I might even manage to get my act together enough to try a square or two...

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Deb Upcycles said…

    I have 12 ready to mail out. Pic is here:
    http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2009/10/six-inch-squares-for-pine-ridge.html

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Emma Bull said…

    You mean I not only did some good in the world today--I also earned chances to win awesome yarn and chocolate?

    This may have restored my faith in the universe. All by itself. *g*

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Knittingdancer on Ravelry said…

    I am mailing 4 6" knitted squares and a skein of black Red Heart Super Saver to Pam today, Oct 24th.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Knitty Nina said…

    My square dance is over and all are packed up ready to mail on Monday. I made all 56 squares 6" in size (or close there-a-bouts). Mine never seem to come out an exactly uniform size. LOL

    Here is my final count:
    6" crochet = 29
    6" knitted = 27
    Grand total = 56

    Wow! I really thought I was making way more crochet than knit until the actual calculation.

    Pictures are on my blog over the last month @ http://knittynina.blogspot.com/

    Thanks for the challenge!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home