The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Blog Filler

You know what the best thing about crocheted dishcloths is? They make excellent blog filler. Sure they clean dishes too, but when you come home from work, realize you have absolutely nothing to blog about, all you need to do is pick up a hook and a ball of cotton and 90 minutes later, BLOG MATERIAL. OK, so it may not be the most fascinating blog material in the world but hey, it's an F.O. and it's made of some type of fibre. And, in this particular case, I used TWO colors. Just to up the excitement level. The level of hysteria would likely have gone through the roof if I'd managed to take a picture that was actually in focus. Does anybody else think "Easter Egg Camouflage" when they look at this dishcloth?

Not only do crocheted dishcloths make great blog filler, there are a million different patterns for them!

Just imagine, 99 patterns in one book along with a million different edgings. OK, a million might be a bit of a stretch. More like ... six. But anyway, the possibilities are endless. I bet I could make a different dishcloth every day for over a year! I'd never have to think of anything remotely original to say again. Just post a dishcloth a day. Easy peasey blog writing. Isn't that a great ... Hey ... Hey? Where'd everyone go?

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Easter Egg Camouflage", but in a good way :-)

    I think I need to get out the cotton and hook; I could use some dishcloths (and some blog filler).

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Well, everyone hasn't left. I'm still here :o)

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm here! I love dishcloths. I spend most of the summer knitting them. Not as fast as you crank 'em out, but I held my own.

    Not only are they blog filler but, come the holidays, they become stocking filler as well.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to be reading your blog again! Dishcloths or whatever. Best of luck with the book, can't wait to pre-order it! Lugene

     

Post a Comment

<< Home