The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, December 01, 2008

My Kingdom For An I

As of 4:30 PST this morning, there were 28 crochet hooks in this apartment. Including 6 - G's, 5 - F's and one P. That's a lotta hooks. Especially considering you only ever use one at a time. But was there an "I" hook anywhere in that lot? One single solitary "I" to go along with the 3 - E's? Nyet. Nada. Nope. Sure, there were 3 D's, of which two were identical Brittany Birch's. But no I's. Apparently I must have some subconscious aversion to I hooks. But I need one to make more of these ...

No, I'm not going to try and crochet a cat. More granny squares. Even though it's rather obvious I'm running out of interesting ways to photograph them. Speaking of granny squares, and really, isn't that all we've been speaking of lately, I'm holding the "Join The Afghans For Pine Ridge Reservation Ravelry Group" contest open until the 15th. Maybe announcing a contest over the Thanksgiving Day weekend wasn't one of my better ideas this year. So, to recap, simply join the aforementioned group on Ravelry and be entered to win either a $25.00 gift certificate to Webs, Elann.com or KnitPicks. You don't even have to make a square, just join the group. I mean, how easy is that? One little mouse click and you're in.

More pictures of the cat that isn't my cat. This is Thomas and his "get the hell out of my face" look. And yes, that is MY kitchen counter he's sitting on. This picture was taken shortly after I walked into the kitchen to find Thomas sitting on the hood of my little fish tank, dipping his paw in the water.

He's lucky he's so damn cute.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    No "I"?! Now, I know how easy it would be for me not to have an "I" hook, but you? I am truly astounded.

    I note that you mentioned 4:30am in your post. Please tell me it was a simple urge to see the sunrise and not a raging case of insomnia.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    Just joined the group, fresh off my Caps for Connor stint (heartbreaking)....The "Afghan for...." stats got me....Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Weird P.S. Is DeeDee Jen's former kitty? If so, she's Catherine's sister! :)

    M. :)

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Go buy an "I" hook. Buy two just in case. This will ensure that you will find 8 million of the things lying around the house within 24 hours.

    That is sort of my situation with circs...

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Sheep is right, of course; all you need to do is purchase an 'I' hook if you want to find your lost ones. I meant to post about the squares project tonight, but didn't get to it; tomorrow for sure!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home