The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stack O' Squares

The granny square factory is still in operation here at Chez Insanity. I sent off 12 today to our seamer extraordinaire, Pam, who lives in Louisiana. I have another 18 to send off on Monday when I get a bigger envelope.

Please ignore the random tails here and there; Pam requested that a 3" to 4" tail be left on all squares and hey, that's fine with me. Thirteen of these squares are wool and five are ickrylic. Apparently ickrylic is the fiber (can you even call ickrylic a "fiber"?) of choice. Allergies and washing concerns ya know. Of course I'd already crocheted 25 squares before reading THAT part of the forum but I am assured that all my hard work has not gone for naught. So the wool has gone back in the bin and out comes the ...

Bernat Satin! I developed a love affair with this yarn almost three years ago when I went home to Canada one Christmas. Since I'd never seen it in the States, I sorta stocked up. Then the siren call of the sheep lured me away. Now it's back to the ickrylic and in my humble little opinion, if you're gonna go man made this is the best of the lot. It's similar to Simply Soft with it's slight sheen but it's got a tighter twist than SS and it just feels as though it's better quality. And of course, now you can get it anywhere. Including online at Joann's where it's on sale for $1.87 a skein. A 100 gram skein even.

And finally ... since I do such a spectacular job of updating this blog, I had to start another one. It's more of an online diary than anything else. About movies. No knitting. No crochet. No cats. Just my obsession with movies. If you like movies, you might wanna check it out. Yes, I know, I need to go back to work.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, so now I know what to do with my large sack of Encore!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I dunno...you could work from home. Make squares for a living and stuff. That'd be kinda fun, actually!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home