The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Randomness

The No Purl Monkeys are done, blocked, and on display at Green Planet Yarn in Campbell. I didn't personally block them; Beth the store owner did. We all know how I feel about blocking. This is such a great adaptation of Cookie A's Monkey pattern. And I was really pleased with the Araucania yarn as well.

I think it's very similar to Colinette Jitterbug without the horrible pooling you can sometimes get with Jitterbug. It's also significantly less expensive. What's not to love?

Some people who read this blog may be under the impression that only one kitty lives at Chez Insanity. This is not true.

Here is DeeDee, living large (pun fully intended) in the sunshine on Saturday. DeeDee's not quite the character that Andy is. She takes mellowness to a whole new level. If someone comes to visit she assumes they've come to see her, regardless of whether she's met them before. A strange cat walks in the apartment? Yeah, whatever. All DeeDee really wants out of life is a continuous supply of Fancy Feast, a warm lap to sit in and someone to pet her constantly.

No, I'm not crocheting a giant bullseye. This is intended to be a snuggly bed for Andy. It's kind of the crochet version of Wendy Knit's "Kitty Pi." I started it last night and I hope to get it finished tonight. Say what you will about crochet, it's amazingly fast. I took it to the store today to work on and some people seemed to be under the impression that the yellow was a little too ... shall we say, bright? However, in my defense I must say that I had two very good reasons for choosing that particular yarn. First of all, this is a stash busting project and it was the only other color of Cascade 220 I had. And secondly, I'm hoping the siren call of this yarn might help to keep a certain someone awake for more than 30 minutes a day.

7 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger yarnpiggy said…

    The socks are beautiful! (And so are the kitties!)

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Dignity, dude.

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A crochet Kitty Pi - I like it! I wouldn't count on the yellow keeping a kitty awake for any length of time; kitties are the masters of sleep.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the colors will compliment Andy's coloring very nicely since I bet he is going to be spending a lot of time on it. Nice socks, too!

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    it's Andy's rasta bed! does DeeDee get a bed also?

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    No purling...I like that in a Monkey!!!

    Hard-core napping...I like that in a kitty!!!

    Wait. Aren't cats color blind? Will he even see the yellow?

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Great job on the socks..

    And you know I'll never turn down a kitty picture. TWO is even better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home