The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wasted Days, Wasted Nights

This is your cat on drugs.

Andy has been having "litter box issues" the past few days. Despite me repeatedly telling him that this really WASN'T the best time to be ill, he refused to listen. What the hell does he care, he's not unemployed and broke. So I had to make a decision. Sock yarn or a healthy cat, sock yarn or a healthy cat. To my surprise, a healthy cat won. I put a bunch of yarn up for sale on Ravelry and off we went to the vet today.

Dude, I think I hear the cops!

Now please bear in mind that the first six months of Andy's life were spent as a feral feline. He no likey being in a confined space. Like say, a cat carrier, for example. After thrashing around for a good 10 minutes in his kitty carrier, Andy decided to go the 600 decibel yowl route. All the way to the vets. Then in the waiting room where everyone in the building became quickly aware that Andy was in da house. Then he screamed in the examining room where the vet grimaced then inquired, "Do you think he'd be happier back in his box?". And back out in the waiting area while we waited for his meds. Let us not forget the trip home. Where the ATT&T repair man, who was up the telephone pole called down, "Don't worry, kitty, you're almost home."

Quick, hide in the cupboard.

One of the medications he's on is for pain. And let me tell you, Andy is higher than a kite. He has spent most of the evening lying on the living room carpet and spinning himself around with his paws. This is when he's not running from room to room to stare at the walls. Or wandering around aimlessly, purring to himself. DeeDee is hiding in the bathtub and I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight.

Whoa, have I got the munchies.

Pray for us.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Andy (and poor April). My friend (who has even more cats than I do) has two kitties who came to her as feral kitties. It took a lot of work to get them to trust her; I can only imagine how Andy felt being in that carrier.

    Now, because I know how it is to be without a paycheck, I'm heading over to Ravelry. Hubby hasn't started his new job yet, but surely I can buy at least one skein of yarn to help Andy.

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oh, poor Andy! I hope he's OK. I'll tell my two to think very, very good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    Desdemona had a similar attitude towards the whole vet thing last winter. She, um...made an impression. She also refused to take her pain medication. Period. No exceptions. I had to switch to a very expensive liquid in a syringe. Which was very handy for squirting the equivalent of cash money all over the carpet.

    But when I did get a bit of the sweet stuff into her, good times were had by all. The colors, man...the colors!

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Poor Andy.

    But you and the Sheepish One have still more in common as of this posting!

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger katrynka said…

    I am sorry to hear that your kitty is not well. I hope he is cured quickly!

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger ginny said…

    AH...the in the car/carrier yowl...yes. I remember it well when we moved and I brought all 3 cats to the new place in the car. Then there was the rising aroma of fear....well...poop..but same thing.
    Love the blog

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger String Bean said…

    Poor Andy. I hope he gets better.

    Funny post, though. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home