The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Monet On Acid

Once again it is time to sing the praises of Koigu.

Koigu, Koigu,

Yarn o' fun,

Koigu, Koigu,

O' colorful one.

As we all know, when one is writing verses of love it's important to throw a lot of O's in. Anyway, moving along. Here we have the Monet On Acid sock with Wilma's feet for scale. Aren't her little paws adorable? This is loosely based on the Crusoe pattern from Knitty. A number of people have commented in their blogs that the original cast on of 48 stitches is just a wee bit tight. So 56 stitches it is. Although the pattern calls for Koigu, I think I might have been better off with one that didn't have 6,382,299 colors in it. It's kind of hard to see the stranding when it's this wildly colored. Next time I'll tone it down a bit.

Another Stitches West purchase, the obligatory Ravelry tote bag. I had a lovely chat with Jess who is so incredibly charming and humble that you can't help but hope that Ravelry is a HUGE success for her and Casey and Bob.

Not a Stitches West purchase but an Etsy purchase. I saw these over on Aija's blog and had to own one myself. This is a needle felted stitch marker holder (say that five times fast) from Cary's lovely Etsy shop. Speaking of which, I seem to have a spare one of these. Want it? Well then leave me a comment and I will fire up the magical random number generator Friday morning. I'll probably throw something else in along with this delightful little knitting aid because it's been like 80 million years since I gave something away. At least.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Sounds like you are feeling ever so very much more better!

    6,382,299 colors, eh?

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooo, I want one, I want one! (Does that get me 2 chances?)

    I love the socks, but maybe you should have chosen a yarn with no more than 6,382,295 colors.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Missed SPA and Stitches West. The fact that I couldn't exactly go from east to west to be there with any real practicality does not take away from my sadness. But, I'm glad that you had such a good time hobnobbing with the stars of the knitting world. It sounds like fun! And I do love the sock...it deserves the poem 'o praise!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    Happy Belated Birthday! I saw you at one point in the KA booth but I couldn't get close enough to wave hi - not that you'd have known me anyway. And then I had to skedadle to class.

    I'm a magpie. I like the socks no matter how many colors they have.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home