The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Fingerless Frenzy

The current trend of knitting nothing but fingerless gloves continues nicely here at Chez Insanity. In fact, I may even have a few patterns committed to memory. I'm starting to feel like I'm on some kind of mission to use every yarn at Knitting Arts to make fingerless gloves. Yes, I even have a pattern that calls for just one skein of Koigu. Here we have Maine Morning Mitts Version 2.0.

These were knit in Cascade's "Cloud 9" which is 50% Merino, 50% Angora. Very soft, very pink. Since I only have two hands I gave these to Melissa, who is one of my co-workers at Knitting Arts. This was primarily to stop her from stealing my Malabrigo mitts.

So you may be thinking to yourself, well is there really a fingerless gloves problem? April has only shown us two pairs so far. That's not so bad ...

Ahem. From left to right, one Maine Morning Mitt in Manos de Uruguay, a pair of Fetching in Karabella Aurora, Melissa's Cloud 9 MMM's, a pair of Malabrigo MMM's and finally one A Little Twist Wristwarmer in di.ve Autunno. There will be a much better picture of the "A Little Twist Wristwarmer" when the second one is done. It's a fantastic pattern. I highly recommend it. And hey, I may not know much, but I know fingerless gloves.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I see no problem here. None whatsoever...

    They really are pretty! And useful! And you can knit whilst wearing fingerless mitts which is a very, very good thing. Plus, you are supporting your store by demonstrating the potential of the yarn in such a lovely yet practical way.

    I am sort of the Queen of Justification.

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    And I know that you still know how to turn a heel so it's all good.

    Very pretty warmers. Lots of pink there, too. blink blink

    :o)

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Love!

    You could use a little more pink, though. ;^)

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger ~Niki~ said…

    Those are great. I just started to teach myself knitting. I guess the fingerless gloves are a long way off LOL. I can crochet and quilt. Hopefully knitting I can pick up quickly so I can make some nice gloves. ! Cute cute. Love ur blog btw.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home