The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Things That Make Me Smile

Besides the fact that it's Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday ...

My new chainmaille bracelet from Sparkles & Fuzz Etsy shop. I'm not really a jewelry girl, I wear one ring with an amethyst in it. If I'm feeling really dressy, I'll throw on a pair of earrings. But when I saw this bracelet I had to have it. I ordered it last Friday from Uli, who lives in Canada, and it arrived TODAY. Way to go, USPS! My picture doesn't do it justice. I love it so much I just sit and stare at it. Or perhaps I'm losing my mind. It's a possibility.

The new Fall Interweave Knits. There are some very nice patterns in this issue, I think it's well worth the bucks. And if it's a Fall magazine then it's gonna cool down soon, right?

Stitch markers from Hide and Sheep. I seem to have developed a bit of an addiction to these. Since they don't dangle it's near impossible for me to knit them into my projects. But they're still pretty! Pretty like aija's stitch markers but without the dangle. If you like the dangle buy aija's, they ROCK.

Finding out that one of my favorite knit bloggers is back from holidays. Monkee Maker lives in Britain and knits the most adorable monkees. Then she takes lovely photos of their grand adventures and posts them on her blog. She's hilarious. If you need a good laugh, check out her blog. REALLY.

Baby sweaters knit in Malabrigo. Need I elaborate? I didn't think so.

What the heck? How'd this picture get in the post?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I clicked over to the etsy shop; that is a really cool bracelet!

    ::waving at Andy::

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oooooooh! I love the bracelet! It's sort of got that tough-girl look goin' on while still being pretty. Etsy is like a web to this little fly...I just can't help getting entangled! Sort of like my dangly stitch markers. I use those as necklaces now.

    (The BFK and her SLFC are jumping around in the background and yelling, "HI!!!" I'm assuming that is for both you and Andy.)

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I've added Monkeemaker to my bloglines list - no wonder I never get anything done. I'm trying to read 140 Bloglines.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Gosh. What can I say? I'm touched (in the head, obviously, for doing such things with knitted monkeys).

    Thanks for your kind review, and for giving me the idea of having a monkey picture as my desktop. Why didn't I think of that??

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Knittymama said…

    I loved the new issue, it was exactly what I needed to get out of my "what the heck should I knit" funk. Did you have a favorite?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home