The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Holy Socks On A Cow, Batman!

Dulaan socks # umm, 5? Yeah that sounds right. Modelled by the lovely Norma (apologies to the real Norma, I'm quite sure you don't look like a cow). Norma and I have been together for over 20 years now. She's quite the international cow, having lived in both Vancouver, B.C. and San Jose, CA. When she's not busy modelling, she sits in the window watching the world go by and thinking deep thoughts.

I'm getting quite bored with taking pictures of just a pair of socks or just a square so I thought I'd start throwing in some props to add a bit of interest (see Norma above). Anyway, I finished square #5 for the Rebuilding Greensburg Block By Block project and thought it would look nice with my fake white roses.

Ahem. Thanks, Andy for deciding to be a prop. This square was knit in Scout's handpainted sock yarn, "Harlot's Mums" colorway. Thanks to my second prop you can't really see the square but it's soft, squishy and most importantly, 8 INCHES.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Awww...Andy's just proud of you for getting an honest-to-goodness 8" square. See? He's smiling. Or at least I think he is. Kind of hard to tell from this angle...

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    "I don't think you got my better side." -Andy

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    The Dulaan socks are just perfect but the Norma prop really does add that artistic element. Scritches to Andy, love the square colors! How's Victor?

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Andy adds just the right touch to that picture!

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jillsknit said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Jillsknit said…

    I've always found it amazing the number of things I have that match the coloring of my boys (2 cats). Your square and Andy blend very nicely together! Keep up the great work for Greensburg!
    (sorry first post had severe typing errors!)

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Socks on a Cow... the hit followup to Snakes on a Plane?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home