The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In Lieu Of

Occasionally my employer, the House Of Torture, will hold a social event for it's hard working employees. It's usually tied in with a "State Of The Nation" address by our CEO and sometimes has a theme. We are having one of these events tomorrow. I'm sure you'll all be terribly jealous to hear that I'm going to a Hawaiian LIEU.

Yes, indeedy do, I'm going to a LIEU. In fact, I've received several e-mails reminding me of the LIEU, including one that resembled a postcard from Hawaii. Now I don't have a college degree but it would seem to me that if you were going to send out mass mailings inviting people to an event, that you would make sure you knew how to spell the name of the event.

Finally, after today's e-mail reminding me to wear my "Hawaiian garb to the LIEU tomorrow", I could remain silent no longer. I responded to the e-mail, written by the Director of Human Resources, and said that I had no suitable attire for a LIEU but would try to come up with something suitable for a LUAU. Her reply, "Umm, was it spelled like that in all the e-mails?" I responded in the affirmative. She left for the day shortly after.

Moving along, here's something bright and cheerful for this Spring day.

Remember me mentioning I had no worsted weight yarn in my stash? Well you probably don't but follow along anyway. That has now been rectified. This is by Handspun And Dyed Too, another lovely Etsy shop. It's 210 yards of 100% merino superwash and is the very definition of squishy soft. The fondle factor for this yarn is extremely high. It's destined for another pair or two of socks for Dulaan.

Speaking of Dulaan, the sock knitting continues ...

Sorry, should have told you to put on your sunglasses before looking at this. I need sock blockers like WHOA. This picture does not do the pattern justice. This is the Little Runes sock by the amazingly clever trek. The yarn is a sportweight from Fearless Fibers in the colorway "Fruit Pop." So it came out a bit bigger than it would normally. But not *big big* as we can see in this picture ...

Thank you, Andy, carry on.

10 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Orange Juice Runes!

    Looks great, April - thanks for catching the typo, too.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said…

    the sock looks great!

    oh! the Luau! how funny!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was going to ask if the "lieu" was in place of a Luau, but apparently it was. Lovely sock! Looks comfy.

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Saren Johnson said…

    I thought it was a cute pun, in lieu of going to Hawaii, we're doing Luau.

    Love the socks.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    That poor person, what a horrible feaux pas! :) Thanks for the heads up on the WW hand dyed. I have little patience and prefer to knit socks with WW yarn.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Andy is a very good helper!

    I love the socks, even without a blocker :)

    I'm not sure I could have held out as long as you did before correcting the LIEU e-mail. Too funny that she left for the day right after ;)

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, in lieu of the impending luau, will you have time to knit new socks for the luau?

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Those socks would look quite fetching should Andy decide to attend the Lieu. But he is clearly rather busy and probably can't find the time to go. Too bad...he'd have been a hit.

    Nicely done on the socks!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Augh, that type of error drives me nuts, but it is also so sadly funny. Well caught..

    Aw, we love Andy.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Tandi said…

    Spell check anyone? That's crazy! Hope you enjoyed your leiu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home