The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yesterday's Yarn

Ha! I forgot to post the Sock Yarn Of The Day yesterday. I was so excited about those beautiful stitch markers that the thought of sock yarn, for the first time in the history of man, vanished right outta my head. So, without further adieu ...

Lorna's Laces in the colorway "She Left The Ball Band At Home." Chocolates not included because they're hideous. I think Target spent more on the production of the box than they did on the product inside. Save your $12.99 and buy some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. The Lorna's Laces is quite nice though.

Oh, and this would be a good time to qualify something. When I posted that I was giving away a total of 30 skeins of sock yarn what I really meant is I'm giving away enough yarn to make 30 pairs of socks. Because sometimes you need two skeins of yarn to make a pair of socks. Like in the example above. Are we all clear on that now? Good.

I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting to find out if I killed Miss She Bangs and whether your sock yarn will be postmarked Folsom Prison. Apparently she finally picked up the Clue Phone and realized that when I was screaming "BANG BANG BANG" that I wasn't impersonating Ricky Martin. So now whenever she slams her drawer or bangs the door on her cabinet she yells "SORRY!!" over the cubicle wall. I'm so glad we nipped that little problem in the bud. Lordy.

And coming up later today, TODAY'S Sock Yarn Of The Day AND a crocheted baby blanket. In acrylic. Ahahahahaha, I really have lost my mind.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    You know, April, usually I don't fear for your sanity. Indeed, you are one of the most sane people I know. Evidence: you have goats... clearly your priorities are in the right place. Second, you have really good taste in yarn.
    Wait- you just said you were CROCHETING at blanket in ACRYLIC? Scratch that second one...
    By the way, I'm getting excited for the drawing. I just have to wait until the middle of the month to make my donation to Knitters without Borders.
    I can't believe you're giving away such good yarn... Someone should at least make a pair of socks for you out of your yarn, whoever wins it.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Nothing wrong with a baby blanket in decent acrylic - it needs to be washed after the three P's attack it.

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Acrylic? Oh my.

    Hey! I was over in Folsom this morning. :p

    Lovely yarn!

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    mm...lorna's laces. I've only read about it. Never used it. Too expensive to buy here. So when i win (he he) I'll be able to find out how much fun it really is!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You do realize, don't you, that you will now be driven crazy by the constant "SORRY!" being thrown your way!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Thank heavens that you've resolved the issues with Bertha McBangerson! I don't think I could take it if you were reduced to posting from a secure and monitored computer in the prison library...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home