The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm Just Sayin'

That there is no fun involved in trying to knit a sock pattern that involves 55 stitches, an 11 stitch pattern repeat over 4 needles when it involves a lot of CABLES and YO's. Because invariably you're gonna have to shift stitches when you've got 3 stitches for the cable on one needle and the other three stitches on the other needle. So you know what I say?

Fuck it.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I hear you there. I mean, if it were something someone would see...But, for socks, that's too much labor. Save that for gloves or mittens. whxgphz

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Amen to that, Sistah!!! My socks are boring and plain. I can live with that.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yikes! This does not sound like a happy April.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on that one! Aint no sock pattern worth that kind of fiddling with stitches!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Yeah, wasn't knitting supposed to be fun?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home