The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's Time

Well. February 1st. It had to roll around eventually. And we all know what that means. It's time for a SUPER FANTASTIC MONTH-LONG CONTEST SOCK YARN GIVING AWAY EXTRAVAGANZA.

Ahem. I'm excited. However, there has been one slight modification. Forget giving away 28 skeins of sock yarn, let's do 30. Because we're going to have three winners instead of one. The breakdown will be as follows - first name drawn wins 15 skeins of sock yarn, 2nd name gets 10 skeins of sock yarn and the last name drawn gets 5 skeins of sock yarn. My apologies to anyone who might have gone out and bought new Rubbermaid containers to store their 28 balls of sock yarn in. Take it back and get a smaller one.

What do you have to do to win? Well first you should go here.

And then you need to root around in the bottom of your purse to see if you can find $5.00. If you're a guy, umm, look wherever guys put their money. If you don't have $5.00 try walking around the WalMart parking lot and see if anyone's dropped a quarter. Or take back some soda (or pop, if you're Canadian) bottles to the recycling center. Don't worry if you're don't have $5.00 at this exact moment in time because you've got all month to raise it. That's about 18 cents a day. Did you look under the cushions on the sofa?

OK, you've got your $5.00 so now you need to send it to Doctors Without Borders. See linkage above. Then write a little e-mail to the Yarn Harlot, tell her what a wonderful thing you've done, copy me (Sakkasie@hotmail.com) and VOILA, you're entered. If you ask me, getting 15 skeins of sock yarn for $5.00 is a pretty good deal. Even 5 skeins is nothing to sneeze at.

Each day I'll post a picture of the Sock Yarn Of The Day so you can see what you'll be winning. Today's picture will be posted later and you will drool. Really. You will. Because it's Cabin Cove Mercantile sock yarn. More details later.

International knitters are more than welcome to enter. Especially if you're Canadian. Or Australian. Or English. Or one of those other countries.

One entry per person. If you donate $100 you will not get 20 entries. But feel free to go ahead and do that if you feel so inclined.

That's it. That's the contest. Considering only two or three people actually read this blog, your chances of winning are pretty good. Really.

16 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    What a great idea!!! And for such a great cause...

    You have more readers than two or three!!! The goat pix alone raised your readership in a crazy way! Then there's the knitting...and the yarn...and Beaker in your profile...we love the whole darned package!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I do think you're insane. And btw, you have 20 Bloglines subscribers alone. From my tests with various statistics sites, one typically has about 4-5 times as many readers as Bloglines subscribers. So watch it, girl, you probably have 100 readers! And I count for 2 because I eat so much!

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a wonderful reason to have a contest! I'm heading right over there now; I've been meaning to anyway, so thanks for the push!

    I agree with Valerie, you are insane; I mean that in a good way :)

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    A great idea. I won't send you an email about my donation, though, because I do not want more sock yarn. No more yarn. None. Nada.

    And I can agree pretty much with Valerie - my subscriber numbers are a fraction of my daily hits.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a good girl. You know that?

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    I'm in. It's the incentive I need because I've been meaning to donate for AGES.

    Hopefully they take paypal. It's gonna make this international donation thing easier.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Holy moley.

    (signed) 1 of 20(000).
    :)

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! The YARN HARLOT commented on your blog! YOU ARE SOMEBODY YOU ARE SOMEBODY! You've made it in the knit blogging world.
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    PS- Her brother Ken is really cute, too.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger thursday said…

    And I was thinking of donating anyway - before I even read your post! How odd is that? This makes it *way* more interesting, though. ;)

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for bringing my attention to such a great cause!

     
  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger yarnivorous said…

    Well, I have an ongoing $20 a month MSF plan and Steph knows about it - does it count as a donation?
    Heh. With Chris at Stumbling over chaos linking, you'll get heaps of hits :-)

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger monica said…

    Made my donation, sent the Yarn Harlot and email but yours got sent back to me. Doctors with out borders is something I would love to participate in , being a nurse, once the kids are grown I hope to do it.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Dang, what a neat contest! I really love contests that do something for the good of all, rather than just the entertainment of one. I've sent my email (let me know if it doesn't get through, though...my email has been REALLY faulty lately) & made my donation. Brilliant idea!

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Alyson said…

    I think you're just wonderful for doing this.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Very wonderful idea - I'll get right on it.
    (By the way, when you end up with eleventy-hundred entries, you'll probably have to blame Aija at Sock Pron - she's putting out the word, and I'll be she isn't the only one...)

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A little late to the game, but I'm in. MSF is a great organization. And so is TSF. :)
    Plus, there's yarn!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home