The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Sock Yarn With Special Effects!

OK all you little contest entering monkeys, here's YESTERDAY's sock yarn. Yes, it should have been posted yesterday but I was unaware that the USA Today channel was going to show two back to back Law & Order SVU episodes that I HAD NOT SEEN. An event like that is akin to me waking up looking like Jessica Simpson. I am a bona fide L&O junkie and for an episode to run that I haven't already seen eighty bazillion times is well ... Oh shut up, April, and post the stupid yarn.

Austermann "Step" yarn in the colorway Melba. Perhaps Melba means something nice in German but it makes me think of Melba toast. All dry and crunchy. But you can rest assured your feets will not be all dry and crunchy because this yarn has ALOE AND JOJOBA OIL mixed in! (Was that a segue or what?). No more squirting body lotion into your socks before wearing! Hooray for those clever people at Austermann. I can't wait until they bring out the yarn with nail clippers.

The beauteous Baby Blanket O' Acrylic is two inches from completion. And I've run out of yarn. There goes my theory that acrylic yarn self propagates. I mean, how else would you explain all the Red Heart that's out there?

5 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i think it's great you're holding this contest!! just curious to know how many people have entered? i bet your inbox is full! (ps - i read your blog and DO NOT have a bloglines account) ;) i am the lurker.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    SVU and Criminal Intent...my weaknesses! Love those shows.

    Sock yarns with the powers of softening? What will they think of next? It's a brave new world we live in!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    They have mail-clipping socks? Where? Those socks are sort of self-protective yarn socks, aren't they? ;o)

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm a Law and Order junkie, too! SVU is my fave and I love the original, too. I HATE, HATE, HATE Criminal Intent, though. Can't stand the guy detective (don't remember his name).

    More gorgeous yarn - you're making me really, really, really want to win this contest!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    It's good to know that I'm not the only L & O junkie around.
    April, you're yarn selection is stunning!
    lindy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home