The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Did Someone Say Sock Yarn?

More yarn to add to the pile for the SUPER DUPER WHOA THIS IS SOME KINDA FUN EXTRAVAGANZA CONTEST. I think my capslock is stuck.

This is Brown Sheep's "Wildfoote LUXURY Sock Yarn." It's 75% washable wool and 25% nylon. It makes me think of Christmas. Or cranberries. If you win this you should knit some socks with cables. But only if you wanted to. Because if you win it, well it will be yours and not mine.

Allow me to state the obvious. This is Regia Silk. In kind of a funky colorway. Which is why I'm giving it away. Err, no! That's not why I'm giving it away. I'm giving it away because I'm a humanitarian and a good person and Mother Theresa reincarnate. And I'm also full of ca-ca.

Well actually I'm not full of ca-ca anymore. Actually I seem to be over whatever obscure disease rendered me horizontal this weekend. I'm sorry, is that too much information? Anyway, yesterday was spent sitting on the couch knitting and reading. I've given up battling the circs with the Forest Canopy Shawl. Well sort of given up. Instead I went out and bought another circ in the same size, stuck point protectors on the ends of both circs and now I call them straights. Everything is now as it should be.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    hey, that's an excellent method for someone who hates circs -- gives you extra-super-duper-long straights. Cool idea!

    Mm, Regia Silk. Hey, you don't have to look at it -- you can just pet it.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Glad you are feeling better.
    Good going on the stoppered circs. I've done similar with dpns while knitting dishcloths.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    I'm loving this display of sock yarn April. Loving it! I so hope I win. I donated double. Does that win me points? Just kidding.

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Tee hee...gotta love the innovation! We need our tools to behave properly. If not, they will be stoppered!

    Glad you're feeling better.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you're on the mend. The winter crud is hitting everyone in our house hard this week.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    Good thinking with the 2 circulars!

    Regia Silk, yummy (and I like the color).

    I always that the spelling was ka-ka :)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooops, that should read "I always thought the spelling was ka-ka"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home