The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cotton Too!

Lest you think that this contest is all about the wool, think again! We've got yer cotton right here.

This is "Sock" ... no wait ... "Sockotta." That's it, Sockotta. It's made by Plymouth, the nice people who also brought you Thanksgiving. It's 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool and 15% nylon. 414 yards of purple, black and white FUN. I bought it from Full Thread Ahead, which is where the Harlot touched down when she came to the Bay Area. So you could say that this yarn is famous by association.

Look, an acrylic baby blanket.

OK, enough trashing of the acrylic (how about that SHINE?). This will eventually by a Thermal Stitch Preemie Blanket. It's *supposed* to look like those thermal undershirts that people in cold climates (like Canada) wear. Now granted I'm using a J hook instead of an I like the pattern calls for but it's still got a lotta holes. Which you can't see, because I'm the world's worst photographer. Perhaps it's supposed to look like a thermal undershirt someone in California would wear. It which case, it's all good.

No, I'm not having a baby. And no, I don't know anyone that's having a baby. I make these for Project Linus. You know Project Linus, right? Well if you don't, clicky on the linky. I just make 'em so I can refer to myself as April The Blanketeer. That's what you get to call yourself if you make blankets for PL. I'm thinking of having business cards made up.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Whew! I was concerned that there would be no cotton. Now I can sleep again!!! Very pretty yarn...

    Also liking the baby blankie! What font does one use for the Blanketeer cards? I'm writing alot of papers right now and am open to new and more paper-filling choices.

     
  • At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a pretty baby blanket! The color is great, and so shiny and soft looking.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Blanketeer?! I had no idea.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    The baby blanket is lovely. I'm a big fan of crochet, as I have been crocheting for over 30 years! Plus, acrylic is the right thing for a baby blanket.

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    nice baby blanky...mmm...crochet....

    mmm...sock wool...err cotton.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Omg, how is it I've never seen your blog before?? Huge thanks to Aija for linking, because dang, you're hilarious! :-D Love it!!

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Aija said you had a contest. Where do I enter? Just read thru your blog and ... You are one funny lady! Tickled my funny bone, so to speak. Put a smile on my face. Thanks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home