The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lacevember Q & A

So I've joined "Lacevember" - a month long celebration of all things lacey. I particularly like to wear lace shawls when I'm mucking out a goat pen. And hey, the KAL had cool buttons to put on your blog.

Seriously though, I love the lace even if I'm not really a lace wearing kind of girl. But with litle ol' me, it's all about process not product, anyway.

This week's lace mission is to answer a buncha questions in the hope of winning some Schaeffer Anne. Which is incentive enough for moi.

Le questions:

How long have you been knitting? 20+ years but you'd never know it.

How did you learn to knit? Self-taught and it shows.

Favorite thing about knitting? It's a solo activity.

How long have you been knitting lace? Six months.

Favorite thing about knitting lace. I like a challenge.

Favorite lace yarn? It's too soon to tell.

Variegated or solids for shawls? Solids or lightly variegated.

Favorite lace color? Purple

Circs or straights? Straights. Always.

Favorite lace knitting trick? Knitting with my eyes closed on the purl row.

Lifelines? If so with what? Lifelines? Dude, if you're not livin' on the edge, you're not living.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? I have my own personal "Blocker."

Shawls or lacey items? Lace Scarves. See above comment re: circs.

Triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? Rectangle.

Charts or printed instructions? Both. But generally printed.

Favorite lace you've knit? Fiber Trends "Streaming Leaves Scarf" by Eugene Beugler

Favorite lace you want to knit? Scheherazade

Favorite jelly belly flavor? Err, could I have Gummi Bears instead?

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... He had red hair and was a Viking. The End.

Coke, classic or with lime? Diet. In massive quantities.

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? Holiday carols are the only songs I know all the words to.

What is the definition of irony? A song by Alanis Morrisette.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? More than it takes to get it wet enough to stick to your knitting pattern.

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? He's trying to overpower the smell of your son's sneakers.

What is your superhero power? Being able to drive to work and back without killing myself.

If the laundry room is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that's a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Anything but brown.

What's for dinner tonight? Raisin Bran.

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? Your sanity.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home