The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

This Week's Goal

This week's goal is to finally finish this ...



An Irish Hiking Scarf. It's been on the needles since the Spring. I'm not quite sure why it's lingering in my knitting bag. The yarn is delightful (Louisa Harding's Kashmir Aran), the pattern is very simple and I'm extremely fond of the person I'm knitting it for. I have one ball and a bit left to knit and then it will be finished. No fringe. I'm of the mind that men's scarves shouldn't be fringed.


Proving that there's a publishing market for just about any subject, we have my current reading material. A book on the recommended diet for male goats who no longer have their little dingleballs. That's it. That's the entire book. I am now an expert on the calcium - phosphorus ratio of a multitude of types of hay. I am familiar with symptoms of mineral definciences in young goats. Are your hooves deformed? Well you need more Zinc. And don't forget that wheat germ oil is a good Spring tonic! All this and more for only $16.95.

Finally, if anyone could explain to me why NBC is airing repeats of LAST SEASON'S Law & Order CI and SVU when we're not even a month into the new season, I'd really appreciate it.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    No dingleballs,
    so there won't be a dynasty
    of April's gorgeous boys.
    I love the scarf.
    I don't do fringes at all
    as they just give the kitties something to chew on.
    How's the ankle?
    Lindy

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Oh, my gosh! A diet for whethers. Too funny.

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering the same thing about SVU last night! It's like the year that they only ran a new ER episode about every 3rd week. IT SUCKS!

    On a much happier note: your scarf is lovely and I'm with you. Fringe doesn not belong on a man's scarf.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Muthia said…

    I love your Irish Scarf!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    TV confuses me these days. I won't be of much help.

    But my Sheepie hooves? They are stunning. Must be all the zinc...

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger soapy said…

    your Irish Hiking scarf looks great!

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger aija said…

    That's a really pretty IHS color there.

    I personally think "dingle dangle" is the most hilarious phrase in the universe. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home