The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Frosty Feline


I just don't understand. Why does Andy have such a fascination with sitting in the fridge? It hasn't even been hot here lately. Yet every time I open the fridge door he comes flying out of nowhere and jumps on the bottom shelf. And then it's nearly impossible to get him out. I have to grab all four legs and pull him out. Sometimes a paw will get stuck on the vegetable crisper and he winds up in there. I've tried shutting the door for 15 minutes to scare him but no, I open it back up and he's sitting there, all bright eyed and cheerful.

Not only that but three weeks ago he began "storing" his toys in the bathtub. This morning I drowned a catnip mouse. There's at least three toys in there every day. I'm sure my neighbors downstairs are particularly thrilled when he starts batting his rawhide bone around in the tub. That makes a really great noise. It must be because he's a boy cat, no self respecting girl cat would ever engage in such undignified behavior.


Leland has made a full recovery from whatever was ailing him. I haven't heard him cough all week and he seems to have put on a pound or two. Stanton has decided that maybe I'm not so bad after all. Last night as I was sitting in my chair he jumped into my lap and lay down. He stayed there for about 10 minutes while I scratched his neck. Lordy, he gives off a lot of heat. Everyone should own a goat. Or two.

Thank you for all the nice compliments regarding the Irish Hiking Scarf. It took me a while to decide which yarn to use for it and I'm quite pleased with the Louisa Harding. I'd highly recommend it for anything where you want the stitches to pop. It's also extremely easy to untangle if a cat gets hold of it. Like say, one of those cats that likes to hang out in the fridge.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Admittedly strange cat behavior...

    Andy? Go find some 'nip will ya?

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is just TOO funny, about the refrigerator AND the bathtub. Yeah, sounds like boy cat stuff. My last cat Bambi "played" with a mouse he found in the apartment. I found it when I got home that evening. The mouse never stood a chance.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    If one of my cats ever went in the fridge it would be attacked by the weird leftover-generated bacteria and would be either a goner or endowed with superpowers. Not good either way...

    So glad to hear that Leland has recovered!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes, stay outta that fridge!!! Humanoids can be forgetful.

    Headbonks, The Mitzster

     

Post a Comment

<< Home