The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Well Spun Yarns

Saturday afternoon I decided to head South to visit Well Spun Yarns in Ladner. It's a lovely shop with a friendly owner. Although the selection wasn't huge there were a lot of yarns I wasn't familiar with. The lady who currently owns the shop is retiring at the end of the year so she's trying to sell off most of her stock.

Unfortunately Mrs. Sheepie wasn't for sale or I would have snatched her up in a heartbeat. I think she's quite adorable. And her tension is quite good considering she's knitting with hooves.

The Wall 'O Sock Yarn. Most of it was Fortissima which is OK but not great. No Trekking. Bah.

She carries a lot of British yarn and some surprisingly good quality acrylics. I may have to make a return trip when I start the next baby blanket. Of course I bought a few things, which I am sadly lacking pictures of. But that's OK because I don't like what I bought so some poor blogger out there will be getting it in the mail. It's lace weight yarn and I've decided I don't like working with lace weight yarn. Even if it is 50% silk, 50% wool. I no likey.

Ladner is on the other side of the river from Richmond. The sign over the door on this building says "Wharfingers Office." I didn't know what a wharfinger was but apparently it's the guy who manages the wharf. I'd manage the wharf too if I could live in a house like this.

And a big thank you to all the people who left comments regarding my Mom. It was a very peaceful moment with my Mom passing away with her favorite kitty, Trouble, on her bed at the hospice. I seem to have acquired Trouble since then and he has been a great comfort. If only he'd stop having sex with my comforter at 4am.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    So glad she had you and Trouble there with her. And that you have Trouble with you now. Though it sounds like he's living up to his name..

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    Mom knew that she was leaving Trouble in good hands.
    Lindy

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Sounds like you can't get away from Trouble.

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Boy that sheep sure does get gauge better than this one!! Maybe I need glasses like hers...

    Trouble knows where he needs to be. Cats are the masters of comfort when the chips are down.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Knitting AND sewing center? And she's retiring? Um, how do I become a canadian citizen??? Wanna buy a business?

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SOunds like your mom left this world on a good note, with her daughter and beloved cat by her side. My mom is in her 80's and has dementia, it is so sad to see her this way. I know when the day comes for her to 'move on' it will be very sad but I hope it will be peaceful journey too, as yours was with your mom. Peace to her and
    Huggs April

    Thanks for stopping by Veggies too ...

    Geraldine

     

Post a Comment

<< Home