The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Traveling Driver's License

This is where I am.

This is where my driver's license is.

I believe the accepted practice, when one has a driver's license, is to keep it in one's wallet or purse. Alas, my driver's license is currently residing 3,000 miles away.

Remember on Monday when I had my acckydent? Well at the time I was transporting trek's "Made In Canada" prize in an envelope in my car. Of course I was in such a tizzy after my commute was so rudely interrupted that papers were more or less flying everywhere in my car. Someone really should clean out their glove compartment more often. Anyways, today I got an e-mail from trek thanking me for the yarn and the book I sent her and did I know that I had also sent her my driver's license? That trek - such a sweetheart for giving me the benefit of the doubt like that. As though it might be a normal thing to do to send your driver's license to someone you've never met before who lives on the other side of the country. I'm sure this happens all the time. Oh and trek, my weight is WAY WAY overstated on my driver's license. Really. Tomorrow I think I might send my library card to Florida.

We haven't had an Adopt A Pet picture lately. Not since I posted Fifi's picture. Oh and by the way, all you people out there in Blogland, I see Fifi still hasn't been adopted. What? Not a single one of you wants to adopt a chicken? Merciful heavens, she's a senior, she needs a retirement home. Sure, you'll love her if she's deep fried but if she's at the end of her egg laying career it's a whole different story isn't it? OK, let's park the guilt bus and meet -

Leonardo Chima

Leonardo is seven weeks old and is a chihuahua/beagle cross (a cheagle?). And look, he's even got a last name, clearly he's a very special puppy. He's in foster care in Berkeley through the Milo Foundation and will be ready to go to his new home shortly. Maybe that's your home ...

4 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I can give you the name of some relatives to whose house you can mail that library card.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Wow, you have your weight on your driver's license?! I'd rather die... :-)

    BTW, I think that is the cutest puppy I've ever seen. Man, that is some kind of cute puppy. I mean really cute!

    But I just spent $200 yesterday on my kitty to have my vet tell me that other than Sam's diabetes (which we already knew about), he's healthy as a horse. Hmph!

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear! The tale just goes on and on...

    Cute puppy!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is too funny. I can only imagine excitedly opening my yarn goodies package to find...a driver's license. Wow! Testimony to the craziness of your life lately.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home