The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Changing Course

OK, enough with the doom and gloom and the daily dead rat count. It's all getting to be a bit much, isn't it? Let's have a little whimsy. A little cuteness. Maybe a giggle or two. Let's Pig Out!

It's Piggy, in all his pinky glory. And I made him. How amazing is that? This is amigurumi #2 and though he's far from perfect, hell, he's standing. Maybe his little body isn't as uniform as we'd like but I'm still working on my stuffing technique. It would probably help if I bought actual fiberfill or fiberfoam or whatever that stuff is called, instead of using cotton balls. I've also discovered there's a fine line between too much stuffing and not enough.

His legs could probably have been sewn on a bit tighter as well but hey ... learning! I put the eyes in correctly though and I adore his piggy ears. This crocheting with an E hook though - kinda hard on the wrists. I doubt I'll be opening an amigurumi factory any time soon. And before I embarked on this toy making obsession I probably should have remembered that the boyfriend has FOUR children. Who all love stuffed animals. A sore wrist may be the name of the game for a while.

The End.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So totally cute!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Aw - that is cute.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I love the little piggy's ears too. I always seem to have gaps when I crochet so all your sore wristedness is paying off. I was sad to read your sad Ratties news, so the piggy, strangely, is very cheery!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home