The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

My Favorite

Of all the scarves I've EVER knitted or crocheted this is my favorite. Given my penchant for scarves, that's saying quite a bit. This is the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf knit in Cascade Pastaza. If you're not familiar with this yarn, it's a single ply of 50% wool and 50% llama. I got it in the 35% off bin at Green Planet Yarn.

The only downside to this pattern is ... well it's the same row over and over again. Which makes for great T.V. watching but I'll admit, there were a few times that I nodded off while knitting. And none of that was the result of medicinal marijuana. Which I'm finding I'm not so crazy about. In any form. I may just continue to develop my Vicodin habit. I figure at the ripe old age of 50 you can have all the bad habits you want. At 60 I plan on moving to Baltimore to become a heroin addict. It's possible I've been watching The Wire too much. Best T.V. show EVER.

Moving on ... Scarves eleven and twelve are in the process of being created. I'm particularly stoked about scarf number twelve which is the Skinny Cabled Scarf (Ravelry linkage). It's kind of a fun little crocheted number that works up FAST. I guess the fact that it's "skinny" helps. I had to go up a hook size though so it's not quite so slim, 4.5 inches to be precise. I'm using some of my free Brown Sheep yarn. But now I'm wondering if it isn't more of a masculine looking scarf in which case "Raspberry Jam" might not have been a good color choice. Oh well, time will tell.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The fact that you are making so many scarves at all is a wonderful thing. You can't expect that each and every one of them will be the most awesome scarf you have ever hooked or knit.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    It's soft and it's green. What more can you want? (Green is my favorite color, as you know, so I'm biased.)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I love that pattern, too. I find it perfect for teacher workshop knitting. I can knock out a whole gift in a one day session!

    I haven't tried it with Vicodin, though. I'll bet I could pull it off! I wonder if my mean ol' dentist has any more work planned for me...

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    It is pretty good TV knitting and the colour is beautiful: my favourite!!!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am going to have to try that pattern! It is lovely and I know you love green so is it perhaps a keeper?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home