The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

For Petey Sake

September is turning out to be a crappy month for ratties. On Monday I took the boyfriend's rat, Atlas, to the vet because Atlas looked like he'd been in a fight with little wounds all over his body. Turns out Atlas hasn't been scrapping, he just has mites. Here's some rat trivia for you. All rats have mites. However, it's only when a rat's immune system is compromised that the mites become a problem. Why is Atlas' immune system compromised? He has a tumor. A tumor that will cost $300 to remove.

Other than the tumor, Atlas is in great shape and he's only a year old. Which means the tumor needs to come out. If he was an old man, we might not go that route. But only a year old? Not to mention the sweetest rat in the world. Hell yeah that tumor needs to be gone. I just need to figure out some financial logistics.

SophieToes and Peeper

In happier news, I am now on scarf ummm 9? Plus I found another crochet pattern that looks way cool, it's the Catherine's Wheel Scarf (Rav link). Since the Knitting Room was having it's big sale on Saturday I scored some Cascade 220 to make it with. Hopefully I'll have enough yarn to make 2 scarves, one for the Rez and one for me! I got fall colors, you know, browns, oranges, dark greens. It'll either look really great or disgustingly hideous. It's all part of the excitement of crochet!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Aww...makes me remember Romeo The Rat who was my BFF while I learned to live all on my own in my first apartment. He, too, had a tumor but I didn't know enough then to get it checked out. Glad Atlas has some better caretakers!

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said…

    Ouch - i just had a $300 vet bill for my diabetic cat. Got another one coming this week. But how can you not do it? Hope it all goes well for Atlas

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Your rat's health coverage sounds better than ours is looking...

     
  • At 6:34 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh poor Atlas, he is so lucky to have such wonderful humans looking after him!!

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Poor little pumpkin! I can sympathize as our cat is ill at the moment-- so much worry and stress, you just want them to BE OKAY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home