The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back Again

I haven't felt much like doing anything these past couple of weeks because of MY STUPID SCIATICA. However, I did dump my physical therapy person since my leg was getting progressively worse and am now doing the chiropractic thing which I swore I'd never do. And it actually seems to be making a difference. Color me corrected.

In the course of one very long week we learned that a) my pelvis is severely rotated to the right, b) in addition to sciatica I also have scoliosis, c) I also have something called spondylolisthesis which means one of my vertabrae is slipping off the one below it, d) the disk between those two vertebrae has completely disappeared and e) that I need to start putting money away towards unexpected medical costs. I have also had many, many x-rays taken and I'm wearing a lift in my right shoe because not only is my pelvis rotated, my left hip is about two inches higher than the right hip. It's amazing I can even walk, isn't it? No wonder my diet has been a combination of peanut butter cookies and Vicodin. Both make me feel better and both don't require you to stand up to prepare them.

On the positive side, I have finished two more scarves, have a third nearly done and a fourth almost done. Pictures might be a good idea. I also got all the dishes done that were in the sink although I had to do them in five minute intervals. All the rats are still alive and enjoying the aforementioned peanut butter cookies. I have also become hooked on Guild Wars so when I'm not playing with the ratties I'm running around an imaginary world and blowing things up. It's kinda cool to have fire come shooting out of your hands. As opposed to say, down your leg. And that's all there is to report from a very hot Campbell, California.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, The Labradors are sending you tail wags and heads on laps looking up endearingly at you. You poor thing, you are a walking miracle. Hope everything settles down soon.
    Glad the Ratties are OK too!!
    From the very cold place where we have snow down to 200m and it was 2*C yesterday afternoon!!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm definitely in favor of peanut-butter cookies as a panacea for all ills. In fact now I'm tempted to make some myself.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Vicodin is nice. I just hate that getting it requires an injury of some sort. Hope things don't get to the "unexpected medical costs" stage of the festivities!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home