The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, August 05, 2010

The Wait Is Over

I know, I know. I hear ya. It's been a while. And I'm sure there are some of you out there who have been wondering, "When the heck is April gonna get pulled over by the po-po again?" Let me assure you, your wait is over.

A bit of back story. I bought a used car in March. I don't like it much. We haven't really bonded. The stupid dealership sold it to me with an expired smog certificate. Which meant they couldn't transfer ownership. Which meant I had to take the car back to the dealership and have them smog it. I'm a busy girl with rats to attend to and I can't just drop everything and get my car smogged. So maybe it took a bit longer than it should have. But I've got the tags now, I just haven't put them on the license plate. So I've been driving around with the dealer plate still over my license plate.

A bit more back story. It took me an hour and a half to get to work today because of some stupid motor vehicle accident on 101. So tonight I had one goal and one goal only. Sit in traffic as little as possible. And if that meant not letting the nice highway patrol officer merge in front of me, well that's the way she goes. I'd had enough, I tell you! Well Mr. McCrankyPantsPoliceOfficer decides to turn on his nasty lights and over I go. "Where's your license plates, Ma'am?" he asks all snotty. So I give him the smog certificate story and gosh, I don't have any idea what the hold up with those plates is.

He gathers up all the paperwork that proves I can drive in the State of California and goes back to his car. I of course pick up my knitting. He's gone a while, I'm knitting, it's a little breezy there on the side of the freeway but it's all good. And then I see him walking back. With a knife in his hand. A big knife. He proceeds to cut off my dealer plate. I keep knitting. It was all very surreal. He's cutting, I'm knitting, it's almost as though we were crafting together. Finally he walks up to the window. "Ma'am, your license plate is already on your car." "NO!" I exclaim. He looks at me, I look at him with my honest Canadian face and he mutters, "Make sure you put the tags on the plate or you'll get pulled over again."

Yeah, like THAT'S never happened.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, that's the second police story about cars I've red this morning!!!! I have an honest face too!!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous nicole said…

    *lol* I wonder if he's blogging about this crazy knitting woman who didn't even realise she had two license plates ;-)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger PICAdrienne said…

    Knitting is a good thing, keeps you calm in all sorts of situations. Will you let the officer merge ahead of you next time?

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yeah, that'd qualify as surreal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home