The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Rats And Prizes

I cleaned rat cages tonight. You know you have too many cages when you have to move some out on the walkway so you'll have enough room to move around. One of the cages I did was Bella's. This is Bella here.

Bella eating baby food.

A lot of people wonder what the appeal of rats is. A big part of it is their personality. For example, Bella firmly believes that all lab blocks (rat food) must stay in the food bowl. If someone removes a lab block, Bella will follow them and watch them until they put it down. Then she grabs it, races back up the ladder and puts the block back in the bowl.

I couldn't figure out why the two babies, Claudette and LivyJane, weren't gaining any weight. Now I know. So we'll be doing supplemental feedings of baby food for the babies. Makes sense, right?

Our mini-contest was just that - mini. Three people left comments so I'm not even going to fire up the random number generator. Instead, everyone's a WEINER! Weiners, please send your mailing address to my snail mail address which is Sakkasie@hotmail.com and I will pick something delightful for each of you from my stash. I like contests where everyone wins, don't you?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    That's such a funny Rat story!! Bella has rules, lots of animals have 'rules' and woe betide anyone who messes with the rules!!!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Rats are smart and have personalities like no other animal I've ever known. I love my cats, but the rat I had years and years ago was a fabulous pet. Even Daddy Sheep liked him and that's saying something!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home