The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

There'll Be Clean Teeth Come Christmas

If you've ever wondered, and I'm sure you have, what 45 tubes of toothpaste and 16 puzzle books look like, well you can stop wondering. In case (no pun intended) you're in the market for toothpaste and live in the South Bay, Safeway is having an introductory sale for new and improved Aim toothpaste. Only 89 cents with your Club Card. I'd say that's a pretty good deal. I'd also say that this is probably enough toothpaste to last me the rest of my life. Or close to it. But it's not for me.

They are, of course, for the Elders on the Pine Ridge Reservation as part of their Christmas gift bags. I need to get these tubes of toothpaste to Texas STAT. Dawn and her wonderful husband are driving to South Dakota to deliver all this stuff in September. As well as all the slipper socks and dishcloths and hats and everything else everyone has been diligently working on. I almost wish I was going to be in South Dakota at Christmas to see all this happen. *Almost.* But I understand it's rather chilly there in December so maybe not. I do however really, REALLY want to visit the reservation in the near future.

In other news I'm knitting a new slipper sock pattern that is going lickety split. I guess it's to be expected when you're knitting with two strands of Wool-Ease. You know what, I'm getting really sick of talking about slipper socks. I think this will be the last pair for a while. Maybe it's time to move on to hats. Or regular socks. Just anything but slipper socks. Hopefully tomorrow I will have something more exciting to talk about than toothpaste and ... I'm not even gonna say it.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:56 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    OK, that's a lot of toothpaste I thought!! But that's a very nice thing to be doing.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Is it okay to mention my slipper socking? I cast on the mate to the Skweffle I finished last week.

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Rebecca said…

    This is a ggreat post

     

Post a Comment

<< Home