The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Funk It Up

I've never been a big fan of Reggae music. I don't own any Bob Marley CD's and I don't smoke that wacky tabacky. But I do like knitting Rasta Hats ...

Bearing a more than passing resemblance to the Blackberry Beanie, this is the same pattern only in a worsted weight wool. Which makes it more drapey. Or so I like to think. The second picture more accurately shows the color.

I really love this puffed rib stitch, it makes it all squishy and stuffs. And it's a very quick knit. Especially if you have nothing else to do.

Here's something I wish I had made. Is this so cute you can hardly stand it? It's a little sheepie magnet and I got it on Etsy (where else) at Jacob's Reward Farm. They're very reasonably priced ($6.00) and they've even got a sheepie that's crocheting. For all you hookers out there. I haven't named her yet. She's so adorable I haven't had the heart to put her up on the fridge with all the expired Jiffy Lube Oil coupons. What if she gets suffocated by a Pizza Hut menu? I'm so glad I didn't have children.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Yeah. Children really do get in the way of indulging yourself. Plus you are supposed to watch them and stuff. I am glad I don't have any. At least I think I don't have any. Who knows? Any kid that lived in this place would definitely be buried under god-knows-what-all...

    Fabulous Rasta Hat!!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Aw, that's so cute! And the hats are nice too ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home