The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

So I Was Thinking

The other day someone was looking at all these stupid hats I've been designing and said, "Why don't you set up an Etsy shop and sell hats?" Kind of like the other 6 million knitters in the world have done. I like to knit hats. Hats are fun. They don't take very long. But there are already a lot of hats on Etsy. However, there aren't a whole lot of ...

Fair Isle Christmas Stockings!

And we all know of my current obsession with Christmas stockings. I'm sorta thinkin' the next design might need to be a little less elaborate though. Otherwise I'm going to end up with an Etsy store with 2 stockings in it and a hat.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    OOH.

    If you end up with a shop with xmas stockings in it, I promise to tell my book club gals about it. They would be all over 'em.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good idea!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Good for you!

    Instead of having a large up front inventory, could you sell the promise to knit a custom stocking? Just an idea that roamed through my head just now...

    There are a lot of non-knitters out there.

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    That's a great idea! Those who can't knit have a great appreciation for those who can. And they will spend more for handmade items than I ever thought possible!

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger yarnpiggy said…

    That's a wonderful idea. (And you can always round out the inventory with a few hats, if need be!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home