The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fogbuster Beanie

So yeah ... here's another F.O.. This is the beanie I was going on about yesterday that I did in blue and you couldn't see the pattern. Now you can see the pattern!

You know, there really is something to be said for taking pictures outside. Of course wandering around an apartment complex with a styrofoam head that's wearing a knitted hat isn't gonna make me any new friends but a girl's gotta do. This was a pretty quick knit. I started it yesterday and well .. it's finished today. Mind you, I do nothing but knit all day so maybe don't go by my timetable.

I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Superwash Worsted for this. Yes, that's really what it's called. I mean, could we have gotten any more words in there for Petey Monkey Sakes? In grey, as you can see. On size US 7. I started out with a 200 yard ball and I've still got about 1/4 left. Unstretched it measures 15", stretched it even fits my oversize head (21, 22" something like that).

The pattern is written up, I just need to actually TYPE it up. Soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're killing me here with all the FO's! I love this hat; if you offer up the pattern, I'll definitely be making it!

    It's funny to imagine what your neighbors must be thinking when you go out with your "model". I usually go in my backyard where no one can see me :-)

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Very nice! And we greatly appreciate your willingness to wander around with a disembodied head. You are a real trouper...

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Put the pattern up for sale at etsy and/or ravelry!

    :)

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    very nice - shame my beanie wearing days are over :[

     

Post a Comment

<< Home