The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Finished Objects - Episode Three

God's truth, are we ever going to be done with these F.O.'s? Are we even certain that it was actually ME that knitted all this crap? Maybe I'm just stealing samples from the shop and passing them off as my own. That would be rather clever, wouldn't it?

First up, a store sample. This is Knitting Pure And Simple's ... ummm ... Child's Top Down Sweater? That sounds about right. Anyway, it's a sweater you knit from the top down. In large. In Brown Sheep's "Lanaloft" hand paint. This is the same yarn as Lamb's Pride but without the mohair; it's 100% wool. And the vinegar they used to set the dye with? Lingers. On. And on. And then on some more. I craved fish 'n chips the entire time I was knitting this.

Second item on the agenda, from the crazed brain of yours truly, the Chain Link Beanie. I love the cable on this little hat even if it is kinda fiddly. I may write up the pattern, I may not. I'm not so loving the pattern writing thing. It requires a certain amount of "thinking."

This may be the last one. Until tomorrow. This is the first stocking in my little Etsy shop. This will also be the LAST time you hear me mention my Etsy shop because I don't want this blog to turn into one long commercial. Of course if I go six months without a single sale, I may throw myself on your mercy but hopefully that won't happen. The link's in the sidebar. Back to the knitting!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stealing shop samples, that explains it!

    All lovely FO's as usual. The stocking is GORGEOUS!

    Good luck with your Etsy shop!

    I'm just adding this last sentence so I can use another exclamation point, because I don't think I've used enough!

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    p.s. I think you should move your Etsy shop link up a bit in the sidebar so that it's more visible! I promise, I'm done with the exclamation points!

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Great job on the sweater especially!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger yarnpiggy said…

    Hmmm...complaining about a long list of FOs...certainly nothing I've ever experienced. :-)

    Love all of it -- especially the stocking!

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Look at you go! I really like the hat, but I feel you on the pattern writing business.

    Did you know that Julie gets her exclamation points at CostCo? That's why she has so many to throw around.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Holy Moly! I'm beyond overwhelmed with all the finishing of stuff! Even the AGK is impressed and I never even thought he understood the knitting process at all...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home