The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Appearances Can Be Deceiving

I am about to show you two pictures. Do not be deceived. Although it may LOOK like there's something going on at Chez Insanity, really, it's not. You may think for a moment, "OMG, April got another cat." But I didn't. OK, so it may look like there's a cat in my apartment who resembles neither Andy nor Deedee ...

But really, I know this happens all the time to other people. You leave your front window or front door open and in saunters a cat. It happened to my Mom almost every DAY. One minute you've got two cats and then you've got three. JUST. LIKE. THAT. It's a wonder anyone can keep a handle on the number of pets they own. Of course, when a cat saunters in, it's only polite to offer it some refreshments.

I'm sure by now you're firmly convinced this is MY cat. It's not. This is Thomas. He's about 7 months old and lives downstairs. He's Andy's buddy and he likes to come visit. He visits a LOT. I'm afraid his owner is suffering from "Oh What A Cute Kitten, I'll Just Abandon It When It Gets Older And Isn't So Cute Anymore" syndrome. This means two things, 1) he spends a lot of time outside and 2) he's not really well socialized. So I guess you could say I'm running a kitty rehab for unsocial felines. I'm gonna apply for a government grant.

Keeping with the "Appearances Can Be Deceiving" theme, I thought I was done with the F.O.'s but I'm not. This is "The Ed Hat" from my brain. Unfortunately my lack of photographic abilities have risen once more to the top and you can't see the damn pattern in this picture because the yarn is too dark and I suck at photography. I knit this in a bulky weight yarn so now I'm re-doing it in a pale grey worsted weight. Just so you can see the pattern which I really love. I didn't think up the pattern though, I stole it from a stitch dictionary. Once it's done it'll go in the you-know-what that I have over on the you-know-where. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go make certain no more cats have wandered in.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Aww.. But we like pictures of cats, even if they're only visiting. (For Now. But keep that food bowl full, mmkay?)

    That hat looks like it would look awesome if I could see the stitch texture. Too bad I can't mind-read the pattern off ya.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    My friend's daughter who is graduating from photography school this weekend told me how to fix that picture. She says you should put the blue thing on a background in the same color family instead of on a starkly contrasting one.

    Number Guy once had a cat that sauntered in to dip into the kibble bowl. It was a local tom that terrorized NG's cat - who was (we think) the tom's mom.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here's a vision:
    April doing her bus driving bit with a load of wayward kitties peering out each window...
    You could be the official bus driver for the Humane Society!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you're not careful, you'll end up with eight cats!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Hmmm...I never seem to have extra kitties. But now I'm not so sure. Maybe I've just gotten used to always having one underfoot...

    But that is certainly a very cute houseguest. It is entirely possible that you sort of *do* have another cat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home