The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well not really, but it's good to remain optimistic. The job market in the Bay Area seems a little tight these days so thank goodness for Unemployment Insurance which will at least cover minor things like oh ... rent ... car payment ... a box of cereal. I'm debating putting some of my stash up for sale on Ravelry because really, do I need all this yarn? Probably not. And Andy and DeeDee seem very reluctant to get paper routes. Ingrates.

But even though I'm not working, I'm still trying to make myself useful. Kristy, over at Ravelry, is trying to collect 300 hats for an orphanage in the Ukraine that she will be visiting in September. I've signed on with a lofty goal of making a dozen. HAHAHA. I've done umm, two. Actually I've done one.

This is the Seaman's Cap in Malabrigo and Wooly Stripes. I made another one of these last year. It's been sitting in my stash so I'll send that along to Kristy as well. Don't ask me what's up with the pointy top, I followed the directions and EVERYTHING.

I'm also knitting samples for the new store. This is the Not So Plain Jane Sock from South West Trading Company in Tofutsies. Do I like Tofutsies? Not really. It's a bit splitty for my taste but I do love this colorway. I'm Magic Looping it. I have fallen hopelessly in love with the Magic Loop, just in time for the Summer of Socks '08. Perhaps I'll be able to bypass the number of socks I knit for last year's Summer Of Socks. The total I knit last year was ... zero. Yay, me!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck meeting that sock goal; I've not completed a single sock all year so I didn't join Summer of Socks. I am, however, knitting hats for the same project you're knitting them for. My goal is also a dozen, 4 down - 8 to go :-)

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    During my last stint of unemployment, I did a lot of spinning. I built elaborate fantasies around this being my job and how rich I was getting with all the spinning. Sort of like the whole Rumplestiltskins thing...

    Hang in there. Something is right around the corner! Meanwhile, the knitting can fill the days. I'm thinking all sorts of very powerful good thoughts over here!!!

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Yay, new store!

    I like that Malabrigo hat...

    Continuing to hope for luck on the job front for ya.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    aren't you glad that you have all that stash now?
    it will keep you well occupied and thinking happy thoughts
    and
    if you get really desparate
    you can make stuff to sell on Etsy to buy fishfood with

    the goaty girls send their love

     

Post a Comment

<< Home