The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

One Month To Go

Thank you, Cookie, for reminding me that's it just a mere month until the Dulaan deadline. And I'm still a little short of my goal of 5 items. Blerg.

I'm currently at three pairs of socks but one of those pairs I gave to Knitting Arts to put in their Dulaan box so I feel like I'm at two pairs of socks. With a month to go. However, here we have half of pair number three. A boring blue sock. Knit in Mission Falls 1824 Superwash Wool which is quite nice for sock knitting. I was hoping to get two socks out of one ball of yarn but umm ... no. To liven up the boring blue sock picture there's a postcard from Valerie who's off vacationing in Australia for a month. I asked her to bring me back a Koala bear but I think this is as good as it's going to get.

Continuing with the "Dulaan How Am I Ever Going To Get Everything Knit?" theme, there was yarn in the mail today. More Fearless Fiber worsted weight in the "Hendrix" colorway. For another hat. Which will be started as soon as the other hat is done. Breathe, April, breathe. Anyway, I really, really like this colorway and I may have to buy more.

Last but not least, the bias square that wasn't. I think I may felt it and make a ... coaster?

6 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    You're welcome, sweetie. Maybe hats would be faster for you than sockies. There's always next year when it comes to the Magic 28, ya know.

    Very pretty yarn.

    I love that color-way. Not that you can tell by looking at my blog or anything. *L* Would the kitty like it? Nothing better than a cheerful looking cat pad.

    *hugs*

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Actually, I think that felting and making a coaster is a great idea. Definitely the way to go.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Felt the bias square, it is marvy. I am feeling the guilt over my Dulaan offerings, I have 5, but only just...no more time, maybe next year I'll manage more.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Actually, felted coasters work pretty nicely! I don't think the Dulaan kids will need them, but you'll probably need a nice, cool beverage once you've cranked through all that knitting!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm short by 2 on my Dulaan stuff too. Guess I'll be knitting a lot when I get home!

    If you felt the square JUST a little, you could make it 8" again and it could still star in an afghan...

    Sorry about the koala, but my suitcase seems to be all full of penguins and kangaroos... Well, maybe not. Customs is SO strict. Darn them.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    you don't really want a koala ... they're grumpy, sleep all day, have wicked claws and pee on you.
    and don't get me started on kangaroos !!
    How's the big V ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home