The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

My New BFF

There are some of you who will suggest that this was inevitable.

No, I did not buy him. I'm not quite that crazy. However, I have more than willingly (some might say "enthusiastically") volunteered to look after him. "Him" is Meteor, a three year old Belgian. His mom works a lot and isn't always around to turn him out, give him hugs and teach him to mind his manners. Enter Auntie April. Who is always around because she has goats to tend. And who happens to have a thing for BIG horses.

Child included for scale. Here is my constant companion and trick or treatin' buddy, Austin. Austin is a little in awe of Meteor as are most people at the barn. Meteor probably stands five feet at the shoulder, six and a half feet in total and I would imagine weighs around 1500 pounds. He's the biggest horse at the barn and has another two years of growing to do. He's also more than capable of figuring out how to open his stall door. Which makes it even more important that he get out on a regular basis so he doesn't get bored and start looking for trouble. If you suddenly feel the ground tremble beneath your feet it means Meteor has escaped again. Some people at the barn are questioning my intelligence in looking after such a large creature. I say he's just a big puppy dog.

As I mentioned yesterday, I picked up some yarn at Purlescence Yarns last week. This is Classic Elite's "Wool And Bamboo", 50% wool, 50% bamboo. It's a sport weight and has been earmarked for the Faina scarf, which is scheduled to be knit after "Dave's Scarf" which is scheduled to be knit after the "Oak Leaf And Acorn Scarf." This is really, really nice yarn. Or at least I think so. And at 30% off, well need I say more?

The End

7 Comments:

  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger aija said…

    'm such a sucker... you had me giggling at "the end" :)

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Nice little pony you've got there ;o)

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice looking friend you have there. I love all animals (well, almost all) but big horses scare me.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    he is incredibly handsome, April. How could you resist!

    Pretty purple yarn...mm....purple....on a bit of a scarf binge are we?

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    I LOVE "The End"!

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Meteor is irresistable...I can see how you would want to volunteer for this duty. He's just gorgeous!

    But, he needs a scarf. Or a hat. Not a sweater, though. We all know how the sweater knitting curses new relationships...

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    HAHAHA - the End! You crack me up, April! Meteor is a big, beautiful horse. Good for you to make sure he gets lots of love and attention.

    BTW, I've petted pure bamboo yarn before, and it's amazing stuff, so I'm sure your pretty purple yarn is wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home