The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Good Deal

Did you know that if you fall off a horse and injure yourself, people will send you presents? Personally, this all comes as news to me and it all came yesterday.

Look what trek sent me!!! Food! And reading material! I love a good mystery because I'm kinda stupid and I *never* know "who done it" until the end. Uh ... and the licorice is already gone. Thank you, trek, you are such a good friend!

And look what came from Heide! Beautiful yarn and the most wonderful card. I'm not sure what I'll make with the yarn. At first I thought socks, now I'm thinking either fingerless gloves or a very simple lace scarf. Regardless, I fell instantly in love with the colors as soon as I opened the package. Heide, am I ever glad I sent you those stitch markers and that you saved my address!

Am I like the luckiest person in the world to have such great pals? I sure think so.

I'm still matching up socks here at Chez Insanity and another pair bites the dust. The ol' Baby Cable Rib socks are now happily wedded together. I don't even remember when I started these. Sometime last year for sure. So does that make them a 2006 FO or a 2007 FO? Or half a 2006 FO and half a 2007 FO? Will Brad and Angelina adopt AGAIN? Will Britney go back into rehab? These are the thoughts that keep me up at night.

Here we have further evidence of global warming. It's only March and Andy is already seeking sanctuary in the refrigerator. You'd think that he'd learn not to do this because of all the times I've locked DeeDee in the cupboard but apparently not. One day, Andy, one day.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    Would a quip about a "cool cat" be really bad? Too funny. Glad you got the yarn. I found the other label here after sending that... it had pointy little tooth marks on it so my guess is that Bonny, our obnoxious cat, personalized it. Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Silly kitty!


    You are very welcome.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Tee-hee! Kitty in the fridge!

    Mine wouldn't fit. Not that they are big or anything. I just store a lot of empty milk cartons in there...

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Knittymama said…

    That kitty is too cute!

    My cats have never tried to get in, but my one year old tries on a regular basis!

    Glad you got some fun stuff to keep you busy.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    *snort* A cat in the fridge? I love it.

    You are truly fortunate. All those lovely things!

    Hope the pain is easing.

    ps I had a dream about you April and you were walkin, pain free! I don't even know what you look like but i knew it was you!

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you're holding up ok. Any luck on the cute PT yet? Maybe in a speedo??? It COULD happen.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home