The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, February 09, 2007

Irony, Thy Name Is Simply Soft

Ha.

My first started and completed FO in '07.

A baby blanket crocheted in acrylic.

I must say I do like the way it turned out though and for what it's worth I did learn a new crochet stitch and a new edging. Not to mention it'll keep some little preemie baby nice and snuggly. Rumor has it that's what you do with babies, snuggle 'em.

Yeah, I know, you're really here to see the Sock Yarn Of The Day. Today's yarn is Schaeffer Anne. Thanks to my wonderful photography skills this yarn appears to have purple in it. I can assure you, it does not.

It's red and orange and that's it. Unless there are other colors hidden inside the ball. But I am most definitely not unwinding it to see.

In feline news, Andy and I have been playing fetch most of the evening (in between crocheting). Andy has many, many toys. Mice, squeaky toys, catnip "pillows", wine corks. His toy of choice this evening? A dime that fell out of my pocket. Yep, we're throwing money around the apartment tonight.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger aija said…

    My kid* calls all coins found "keys" since that's how he jimmies open locked doors around here. :)


    *Kid... get it? ergh, like you don't get enough goat jokes, I know.

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said…

    Isn't that just like a "kid" to play with money. Next, someone will think it grows on trees instead of mommy's pockets, LOL.

     
  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said…

    The blanket looks lovely. Nothing wrong with a little acrylic every now and then.

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simply Soft yarn really is simply soft; perfect for a baby blanket. Very, very pretty!

    It must be nice to be so rich you can just through money around the apartment :)

     
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Super job on the blankie! I'm not so sure just what the proper baby etiquette is...I have heard something about the snuggling. But I suspect that the blanket will go well with whatever it is you are supposed to do with 'em.

    The Big, Fluffy Kitty is currently enamoured with a crochet hook. What does this mean????

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I love it - throwing money around!

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    The blanket is lovely! Hookers unite! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home