The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

So Close


And yet so far. With five rows and a thumb to do I have run out of yarn. Sigh. If it was just the thumb I would have taken Valerie's suggestion and knit it in a different color. Then I could simply tell people I did it like that so I would know which hand was left and which was right. But five rows of the hand as well? Nope. It's back to Yarndogs to get another ball. Poop.

It's almost February 1st ...


"Hey did you hear April's running some month long contest over at The Weaving Inn?"

"Hmm, I think I heard a rumor about that. Something to do with sock yarn?"

"Yeah, I heard she's giving away 28 skeins of sock yarn."

"28? What, did Red Heart come out with sock yarn?"


"I don't think so. I think it's gonna be decent stuff."

"That's just nuts."

"Well she was never quite right to begin with, ya know."

6 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    No, no!

    Undo the thumb on mitt one and use that yarn for the five rounds of mitt two and then do both thumbs in a contrasting color!

    Or, you know, just go buy another ball of yarn...

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh nooooooooooo! Well, at least you have a yarn store in the vicinity. Still woulda been cool if you'd won that particular race.

    Trek's suggestion was a good one. How strongly do you feel about doing this with what you have at hand?

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Da-yamn. That stinky. I like trek's suggestion but I don't think it'll work — there just isn't enough yarn in the Fetching thumbs.

    Should we be scared about what we might have to do to win that sock yarn in February?

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "When in doubt, rip it out."
    Or make an iPod case.
    Or a case to carry your tarot cards.
    Did I read that right, 28 skeins? And what do we have to do to join? (And you should tell Chris at Stumbling Over Chaos, she'll spread the word, too.) OMG, I'm feeling faint now...

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate when that happens! But, like Sheepie said, at least you have a yarn store nearby.

    I can't wait to hear just exactly what you are going to expect from us for 28 skeins of yarn! The suspense is killing me.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Wouldn't it be 2 more balls so you can make another pair, too? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home