The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Umm ... Meow?

Here's my amigurumi kitty!

Err ... as you can see she's not quite done yet. This is "Fat Kitty" designed by the Crochet Goddess, Jen. On the right is kitty's body and in the bottom left corner is kitty's head. She's still missing two ears, two legs and a tail. And of course I need to put her eyes on. Kitty is being made with Cascade 220 so like most kitties she's REALLY afraid of water. Especially hot, agitating water. I will try and get kitty finished tomorrow.

Today's craftiness included working on the Mile-A-Minute "Heavenly Hearts" afghan. Since I've already posted pics of it before, and since every strip is the same, I won't bore you with more pictures. However, I've managed to do four of seven strips so hopefully it'll be finished soon. This 'ghan is bound for Project Linus once it's done.

It's May. It's California. It was like 70 odd degrees today. So why am I thinking ... scarves. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm working on my Summer Scarf Swap for Renee. Of course I can't post pics yet because Renee reads this blog and it's supposed to be a SURPRISE. But that doesn't justify printing off the pattern for this -

All together now .... "Oooooo." This is from Knitty.com, it's called Branching Out and is supposedly an introduction to knitting lace. How a novice lace knitter could turn out something this gorgeous is quite beyond me. But then a lot of things are beyond me. Like why Fudgsicles are referred to as "Ice Cream Novelties." Yeah, I still haven't discovered the answer to that. But anyways, I saw this pattern, went "Oooo" and immediately bought yarn for it.

Please to excuse the crappy picture I stole from Blue Sky Alpaca's website. I had to enlarge the color swatch and well ... it didn't enlarge quite right. Of course every picture I took with my craptastic digital camera turned out to be a yarn cake of glare. Anyway ... this is Blue Sky Alpaca's Alpaca/Silk blend, 50% of each fibre. The color is "Spring." And it's nummy.

But I'm not just craving lace, I'm craving cables too. Especially after I saw the Irish Hiking Scarf. And I even have the perfect yarn for it in my stash! I mean, how often does that happen? Don't you think this yarn would work out wonderfully? It's Cascade Yarn's "Quattro." Can't you just see me sitting in some Irish pub with my Irish Hiking Scarf thrown jauntily over my shoulder? Feel free to throw Colin Farrell into that little imaginary picture as well. If you don't mind.

What's a girl to do?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    You are nothing short of amazing!!!! You just got the yarn Friday afternoon (late afternoon at that!) and you have *that* much of the lace scarf done??? You humble me :)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger April said…

    Marie,

    Consider yourself un-amazed. I stole that picture from the Knitty.com site. :)

    I should be so lucky to a)knit that fast and b)have a house that looks like that.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hey, you can post the picture, and I promise not to look... ;-)

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home