The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Retreating Part Three

We interrupt our regularly scheduled broadcast of "Retreat Wrap-Up" for breaking news from Campbell. Let's go directly to our reporter, Skip D.P. Enness.

"Skip, can you tell us what's happening tonight in Campbell?"

"Well Mary Ann, it would appear that April P. has finally done the unbelievable and has taught herself how to knit a sock."

















"Excuse me, Skip, but that looks more like a Barbie tube dress."

"I agree Mary Ann, but according to April this is just a "gauge swatch" which I'm assuming is some sort of knitters lingo."

"Skip, any chance you could actually speak directly to April and see how she's feeling at this amazing moment."

"Mary Ann, I'll try and break through the crowds and see if I can't get a little closer. There has to be at least 100,000 people here, some who are obviously overcome with joy and are weeping. There also seems to be a small protest group carrying signs that say "Circs Suck"."

"April, over here, over here! April, I'm Skip D.P. Enness from NBC 11, the only station you'll ever get. Can you tell us exactly how you're feeling about this amazing accomplishment?"

"Well Skip, to be honest, I never thought I'd make a sock. Of course, I haven't actually knitted an ENTIRE sock but I think I've got the hang of it."

"April, can you tell our audience at home how this miracle came to be?"

"Skip, I give all the credit to the Magic Loop school of sock knitting and Wendy of WendyKnits who has been a never ending inspiration. I'd tried those other ways and frankly, it just wasn't working for me. All my life all I've ever wanted to do was knit a sock and now, bless you Yarn Gods, that dream has finally been realized."

"Well Mary Ann, there you have it. Another heartwarming (and hopefully foot warming) story from Silicon Valley."

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol, yeah April! Way to go!
    lol, that was so funny.
    Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home