The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Retreating Part Two

I think one of the best things about going away on vacation is all the new discoveries you make. While we were at the Retreat last weekend I discovered the following.

I discovered the joys of a Knitting Arts goodie bag which was given to each retreat participant. Included in the goodie bag starting at the top and going clockwise were 1) a Knitting Arts project bag, 2) a handy container of Wool Wash soap, 3) a lavender sachet, 4) a lovely fragrant bar of lavender soap, 5) knitting needles to DIE for (I can't for the life of me remember what they were made of but I do remember they were made in Vietnam!), 6) a little box of Saratoga chocolates and 7) a skein of Misty Alpaca chunky weight yarn, now also known as my "favorite yarn."

I learned that Kerry IS very photogenic despite what she says to the contrary. Just look at that beautiful smile! I also discovered that having constant access to yarn is a BAD THING. Knitting Arts had set up a store in the conference room we were having our classes and meals in and it was set-up the entire two days we were there. I was expecting maybe a basket or two of yarn. How about 4 or 5 TABLES of yarn? Imagine coming down for breakfast at 9:00 and being greeted by skein upon skein of gorgeous yarn. It's probably the only time I've ever been instantly awake at 9:00.

I discovered the importance of reading the supply sheet when you go to a conference. Otherwise you end up buying everything there. As opposed to say ... doing the smart thing and raiding your stash. On the left, Cascade 220 in pink for the "Edgings And Embellishments" class. At the top, three skeins of Lamb's Pride wool and a Tunisian crochet hook for ... you guessed it, "Tunisian Crochet." And beneath the hook, Filatura's "Brillo" and a skein of Blue Sky alpaca for the "Amigurumi" class.

And last, but not least, I discovered that Hansel and Gretel are alive and well and living in Carmel.

Tomorrow's installment - "April Goes Back To School And Actually Learns Something This Time."

5 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    What on earth is Amigurumi?
    Sounds like you had a blast.
    Get your license yet?

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    The needles are made of palmwood & yes, they are luscious! I feel the same about their sisters, the rosewoods! :)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    amigurumi are tiny crocheted toys, they are seriously cute. i'm making a pink kitty. and yes, my license has returned safely home. thank you for the beautiful card!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger April said…

    marie,

    luscious doesn't begin to describe these needles. combined with the misty alpaca and i'm in knitting heaven. :)

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    You know, I want to come out to the Bay Area and go on a retreat, and be confronted with acres of yarn before my morning coffee...

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home