The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, August 07, 2010

Facebook - Two Thumbs Up

I'm on Facebook. Are you? I've been using it for maybe a year now, perhaps a bit less. I know a lot of people feel like it's the biggest time waster since Tetris but I think it's more good than bad. That may in part be due to the fact that all of my family live in another country but I like it. I finally "met" my nephew who is now 25. I found out my cousin finally divorced the dingbat she married 25 years ago. And I got hooked on Farmville. For a couple months.

But the best part is looking at everyone's pictures. Because we all know what a photo addict I am. Hell, I'll even look at pictures of people I don't know. And ...... I've got a TON of pictures to post myself. Above is my godson and cousin, Adam. He's 25 now. Twenty-five seems like a magic number in this post, doesn't it? Anyway, I took great delight in posting this pic on Facebook because he's all cool now. And now his 359 Facebook friends will get to see what he looked like in diapers. By the way, if anyone can tell me how the heck some people have so many friends on FB, let me know. Not that I want any more, thank you very much.

Here's my Grandma and my brother on his wedding day in, I dunno, 1981? I put this up so my newly acquainted nephew could see what his father looked like the day his dad married his mom. I don't know what the heck that big white splotch is on my Grandma's jacket. I'll blame the Kodak Instamatic I used to take this shot. Damn 80's technology.

Finally, this is my friend Paula and I on the day of my friend Brenda's wedding. The reason why I posted this pic? To remind myself never to be a bridesmaid again. You know what's on the back of that blue satin bridesmaids' dress? A big ol' white tulle bustle that fishtails down the back. This was taken in 1989 and was one of the longest days of my life. There is no joy in being a bridesmaid.

Of course I have about 80 zillion more pictures I need to scan and post for the world to see. Which may involve the purchase of a scanner next weekend - I did these at good ol' Kinko's. If anyone has a scanner recommendation, I would love to hear it.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Sounds like FaceBook is a great tool for you to use. Yes, bridesmaids' dresses- the horror never ends!!!

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Nope. Not on Facebook. Despite multiple invitations.

    We bought a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 this summer. Multifunction printer scanner copier fax machine. Reasonably priced at the warehouse club and the cheapest black ink cartridges going. Reliable so far and doesn't take up too much shelf space.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home