The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

AKC!!!

No, this isn't a message from the American Kennel Club - it's Actual Knitting Content!!!

This is the Seeded Rib Scarf. I love it. I see many more of these scarves in my future once the Fall rolls around. Plus it's reversible - bonus! I knit this using Lion Brand's Vannas Choice. I know, I know, more pictures of ickrylic on the blog. But honestly, Vannas Choice isn't THAT bad. I'm serious. And it knits up nice and squishy. It's actually more of an aran weight than a worsted. Plus it comes in 63 million colors. This would make a great pattern for the Red Scarf project if you were involved in that.

Speaking of Lion Brand, and I believe I was, it's rapidly become my go to yarn for charity projects. Mostly because it's inexpensive but also because it's washable. I love Wool-Ease. The slipper socks I'm knitting right now are made from that and they're coming out very nice. I know, I know, this from the girl who once worked at a yarn store that sold $35.00 balls of yarn. Where a baby blanket would cost $200 if you were to buy your yarn from us. But I guess it's true what they say, there's a use for every yarn. Except Red Heart. Red Heart should only be used as a sacrificial offering to the Yarn Gods. If I start carrying on about Red Heart, someone please come and shoot me. Please.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wow and on the same day that I also am actually knitting. Must be the heat and humidity. Or the full moon or something.
    Pretty coliior!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Jess said…

    Thanks for your kind words about Vanna's Choice and Wool-Ease! It's so important for us to provide quality yarns with lots of color options at an affordable price point. Happy knitting!

    With warm regards,
    Jess H.
    Lion Brand Yarn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home