The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Rumour Has It ...

... that my blog needs updating. C'mon you guys, it's only been like ... 17 days! What am I, the Yarn Harlot? Well in my defense I have been battling a most persistent case of carpal tunnel. Major ouch. If you've been in my presence any time in the last two weeks you'll know what a walking bucket of misery I've been. I've hardly been able to KNIT! In fact, there was more than one day where I didn't knit. Woe is me.

So ... rather than rehash the last two weeks let's just move on. First up, new yarn in the house and very nice yarn it is. As we can clearly see from the label this is Elann's Highland Wool. My exceptionally generous friend, Valerie, gave me an Elann gift certificate for my birthday. I've never ordered yarn from Elann before (interesting aside - Elann's office is right across the street from the funeral home where my Mum was cremated. Hmm, maybe that wasn't interesting after all.) and I wasn't quite sure what to expect given how inexpensive their yarn is. I think this yarn was like 2 cents a ball. OK, maybe not that cheap. Anyway, I *love* it. It's not at all scratchy and the color is quite luscious.

My obsession with fingerless mitts has raised it's ugly head again. This is a Monkey Mitt. In Cascade 220 Tweed. It's a fun pattern. Which I tweaked a little and ended up making the thumb too small. Actually the glove in it's entirety is too small. And I got gauge! But I have fat hands. Therefore, when glove # 2 is finished it'll go live at someone else's house.

Now let's look at fingerless mitts that do fit! These were made for me by "ganiggle", a lovely young girl living in Canada. The Fingerless Mitts Fanatics on Ravelry had a swap and she ended up with me. Lucky me!

Finally ... if you were wondering what the weather's been like in Campbell, well ... here's your answer.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Ow! Sorry about the wrists. Here's hoping that things in the tunnels are looking up.

    Hey, Andy - get the fur out of the fruit, will ya?

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    OK. This is too weird. The other day, the BFK started nosing around in the fridge and I said something along the lines of, "Who do you think you are? Andy???" I remembered that you'd mentioned his love of the lower shelf...

    Them's some purty mitts you got there!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Alwen said…

    I have to say it, I have to say it,

    "Cool cat!"

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Andy,
    I think you are the greatest. Please don't tell my cats, they might get jealous. I bet if you got jealous, you wouldn't pee all over the house. Yet another reason you are awesome.

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Yay, I'm glad you like the highland wool. I've ordered it too and have been really happy with it!

    Bex is right. Andy is the awesomest.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home