The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Recipe For A Rehab

- One half pound Senior Equine pellets
- One half pound Rice Bran
- One pound "All-In-One"
- One scoop "Focus Weight Gain" supplement
- Two scoops antibiotics
- One scoop "Source" equine supplement

Skinny horses = a lot of work. This is the recipe for what goes in Victor's bucket every night. He gets this after I've cleaned his stall and he's had fun running around one of the round pens. He loves to roll in the sand which alarms me to no end because I'm afraid he's going to bonk his face. So he rolls and I stand there screaming, "Watch your face, watch your face!" This horse thing has basically taken over my life. I go straight to the barn every night and generally don't get home until after 8:30.

Which I'm going to use as my excuse for being such a lax blogger.

As opposed to the fact that I haven't gotten around to paying the DSL bill so no Internet access at home right now.

But there has been knitting. Really. I've finished another pair of little person socks and have started on a third pair. Speaking of which, Norma has started a ring for anyone interested in making little people socks for charity. It's called "Magic 28" because the pattern she wrote for it consists of multiples of 28. Or maybe it's numbers that add up to 28. Anyway, the link is over in the sidebar.

I'm tired. Really.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Do they make rat hats for horses? Cause I'm thinking your boy could use one.

    *hugs*

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Victor is one lucky boy, that's for sure! And he has cute goat siblings so life is pretty sweet right now for that feller!!!

    Now get some sleep, 'kay?

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Sounds like a lot of work. Good thing Victor has someone like you to love him back to good health! I hope you are remembering to take some care of yourself through all this.. ya know, like sleeping?

    Big hugs and good luck! I can't wait to see an 'after' picture.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    My grandfather was a trainer. Feeling for you and truly understanding the amount of work.

    Go to bed.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are such a good person to be taking such wonderful care of Victor! He is one lucky horse.

    Don't you just love those Magic 28 socks? So quick and easy.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Sleep sleep! Victor needs you more than we do (though, we like hearing about V!) :)

    Have a good weekend :)

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are about to enter into the world of goat- and pig-ownership and I have a feeling we'll be spending a lot of time in the barn...

    Glad your horse has found a happy home!

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    How's the swelling caused by the break coming along?
    Any signs it's going down at all?

    hugz, purrs and bleats of encouragement from this end

     

Post a Comment

<< Home