The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Courtesy Of Knitting Arts

Today's Sock Yarn Of The Day is brought to you courtesy of my favorite LYS, Knitting Arts. About seven or eight months ago I wrote a little rant in my blog about a new employee of Knitting Arts. I was less than impressed with her customer service skills. The manager of the store, Jan, heard about my rant.

Although I never specifically named her store in my rant, apparently it was QUITE obvious to the other employees of her store who I was talking about. However, rather than take me to task for slamming her store, she rewarded me with a very generous gift certificate for bringing the issue to her attention. Which I promptly lost.

I looked everywhere. EVERYWHERE. It was nowhere to be found. And I didn't want to ask for a replacement. After all, it wasn't as though anyone had forked over some cold, hard cash for this gift certificate. Easy come, easy go, right? But it was an awful LOT of money. So I finally sucked it up and sent Jan an e-mail explaining what a bozo I was. "No problemo," she said and I picked up the new certificate tonight.

And you, my little Contest Monkeys get to share in the wealth. Yes, that is Koigu KPPPM you see there. In a colorway that makes my heart sing.

But I had to get something for ME TOO!

Magic needles in US size 4! Yay! I love Magic Needles. Because they have nice, pointy ends, perfect for lace. And they're smooth and they feel really, really good. Plus "25 Favorite Socks; Timeless Designs From Interweave." There are 19 patterns in here that are reprints from previous issues of Interweave Knits and 6 new patterns. Since I don't have all the back issues of IK it was obvious I needed to own this book. Well obvious to me, anyways.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I knit Mommy Sheep's lace scarf out of the KPPM...'twas lovely! The yarn anyway, I'm not so good with the lace.

    I've never used Magic Needles but they sound cool. I like the sharp and pointy things!

     
  • At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you "sucked it up" and told her what happened so you could get some well deserved goodies for yourself!

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Coming out of lurkdom to say...you crack me up! The Koigu is beautiful, and those needles, which I've never heard of, look really, really nice. I think Jan did a very smart thing giving you the GC, and I'm glad you spent the second one immediately!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Very neat on the book score.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Bells said…

    Sigh. Another sock book I want. I'll just add it to the list. :-)

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    I have really enjoyed looking at all these beautiful yarns!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Charity said…

    Oooh, that's some good stuff you got there! :0)

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    I've heard great things about this book. That Koigu looks good enough to eat!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    I keep hearing about the Koigu ... sigh ... one day someone over here might start stocking it. [ or maybe they do and I just don't know ] and I've never heard of magic needles either. Makes me feel deprived [ but we do finally have an almost LYS that has Noro ... and Brittany needles ... so I'm not totally hard done by ]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home