The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 09, 2010

Is It Me?

I am being worn down by the crazies. No, I don't know what a picture of sunlight through trees has to do with being crazy. Work with me here. Anyway, I believe I may have mentioned once or twice that some of the people I work with are a trifle unbalanced. You don't believe me, do you? You think I'm exaggerating or I'm desperate for blog filler. Well check this out.

Let's call one of my co-workers "Anita." My apologies to any readers who may be named Anita, I'm sure you're not crazy. A few days ago I walked into the break room and Anita was sitting at the lunch table staring at her cell phone. I looked at her and said, "Anita, what are you doing?" Anita replied, "I just got a call from my niece, she's very ill. I can't put my actual hands on her at this moment so I am sending her psychic healing waves through the phone."

Now there may be a few of you at this moment who are thinking "God, that April is a first rate bitch, sharing things like that on her blog. Poor Anita. She would be mortified." Or perhaps you yourself have sent psychic healing waves through the phone. Or perhaps you were once an Egyptian priestess who was in charge of the aviary. In which case, you may know Anita. You know what, I'm beyond caring.

What's my point here, I knew I had a point somewhere. Oh right. OK. Well I don't really have a point, I have a question. My question is, "How much of this am I supposed to have to deal with?" I know we all have people at work that we perhaps don't get along with. That's why they call it work and not a fun party. But not only do I get this "I was blah blah blah in a former life" but I also get intimate details of this person's romantic life with her significant other. GROSS intimate details. Even when I've said quite plainly, "Please don't go there."

To those of you who would say, "Talk to your boss" I would reply, "I have. Multiple times." He just doesn't want to deal with it. Yes, I'm looking for a new job but in the mean time I've lost my lovely Canadian filter and you wouldn't believe the stuff that comes out of my mouth now when Anita starts carrying on. What to do? Is she trying to drive me crazy so I'll be like her? WHAT???

3 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Berta in Texas said…

    Would it help to think of them as large, furless, unbalanced rats? Obviously those Canadian genes of yours, the ones coded for nice, are still functioning. Otherwise you would not have asked 'Anita' what she was doing because, and please pardon my regional stereotyping, you are in California. Berta

     
  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I believe that everyone has the right to exist and that the world is a better place with a little diversity. HOWEVER... there are limits. Good grief! ::stares at computer and sends healing, non-crazy vibes to April::

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    And here I was thinking that April is a kind Canadian type who might think certain things but would never give voice to them at work ;o)

    Good luck on the job hunting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home