The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Here Then Gone

In keeping with my Dr. Doolittle of the San Francisco Bay image, I adopted a rat today. He is a very cute little rat. He's white with a brown nose and bright pink eyes and he is aptly named, "Soul." I love him a bunch.

I brought him home this afternoon. Andy met him. Andy tried to eat Soul's tail.

I put Soul in the bathroom and closed the door. In five minutes, Andy had figured out how to open the bathroom door.

Soul is now living at a friend's house. We will have joint custody of my little rattie. I am less than pleased with Andy, but hey, he's a cat. That's what cats do.

Hands up whoever wants a brown tabby. I'll even toss in a free, overweight, gassy calico.

Pictures of Soul tomorrow.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Oops!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    April, Andy is just doing his job.

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Aw, dang. Though to be fair, my cat would eat just about anything else that made it into our house. We had to use serious behavioral training to get her to leave the caged bird alone.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I used to have a pet rat! His name was Romeo. He was a fabulous pet and much-missed when he shuffled off this mortal coil.

    Maybe Andy was just trying to give kisses? Maybe he just got confused about where kisses go and that they shouldn't result in amputations. I'm sure that he was just being a good host...

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would it surprise you to learn that we used to have rats as pets? Rats are really misunderstood; they are the most loveable pets! I think my kitties were just used to us bringing home all different kinds of pets and pretty much ignored them.

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We should trade cats. Once we had a mouse in the garage, so I put Mr. Kitty in the garage thinking he would be excited to hunt live game, but he screamed & clawed at the door. (Usually he begs to be in the garage to cat around.) He prefers those teensy-tiny neon colored mice containing catnip, bless his heart!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home